Newbie question ...

Topics related to evening meets, including indoor and outdoor evening climbing meets

Newbie question ...

Postby EdDrake » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:09 am

Hi all.
My wife Heike and I have just signed up and are hoping to get to Leeds Wall next Tuesday (12th Nov). Is there anything we need to know / do to make contact with other members - e.g. recite secret passwords, wear pink carnations, etc??
Looking forward to meeting up.
Cheers, Ed
EdDrake

Re: Newbie question ...

Postby Will S » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:07 am

Hi Ed,

We tend to be pretty spread out on Tuesdays some people may have some LMC branded T-shirt’s, but if not I’ll be there from about 6 and will have a grey Patagonia T-shirt on.

Have you guys done some climbing before? And are you already signed up at The big depot?

Will
Will S

Postby EdDrake » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:37 am

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Will.

Yep, we’re fine with the climbing bit and have been to the wall many times (although I keep forgetting they’ve rebranded it!).

Looking forward to meeting you then.

Ed
EdDrake

Postby Will S » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:19 am

Hi Ed,

Apologies but I have a cold so not going to make it this evening. There should still be plenty of people around.

Most people have a cup of tea in the downstairs cafe about 8pm if no one jumps out before then.

Will
Will S

Postby Lindsay M » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:38 pm

Will - hope you feel better soon.

Ed - I'll definitely be going to the wall and pub after. I have a black LMC hoody. There are quite a few of us with branded clothing.
Lindsay M

Return to Evening Meets