Evening climb w/c 17th August

Topics related to evening meets, including indoor and outdoor evening climbing meets

Evening climb w/c 17th August

Postby Lindsay M » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:32 pm

Given the overall positive response to having some meets I thought I'd test the water by trying to put together a foray out to everyone's favourite nearby, fast-drying piece of polished marble, I mean gritstone. For the uninitiated, this means Almscliff crag. Currently I'm unsure of the day but the weather forecast is suggesting Wednesday is our best best.

Logistics
For those who haven't been before, you can find location and approach notes here: https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/almscliff-373
Additional points - make sure your car is parked such that the farmer can get his tractor through, don't block any gates and don't walk on the dry stone wall. Access is a privilege, not a right.
We typically meet around the "Low Man" area

Almscliff meets are typically very popular with new club members. We will try and accommodate new members but in the interest of everyone getting some climbing in, we will have to limit this to one new member per experienced pair. I hope everyone will be understanding that this will be my first attempt at organising an outing since the apocalypse so I'm erring on the side of caution and seeing how it goes. Sorry in advance if anyone is disappointed.

I'll pop my number in the private section, hopefully we can get a whatsapp chat going to aid speedy decision making regarding the final day and meeting time.

1. Lindsay M
2. Julie H
3. Sarah S
4. Patricia W
5. Paulina M (if bike isn't dead)
6) JR (excuse pending)

Bouldering: Wayne

Gosh we're a non committal bunch...
Lindsay M

Re: Evening climb w/c 17th August

Postby Will Hunt » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:27 pm

Quite possibly in.
Will Hunt

Postby SarahS » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:20 pm

I shall attend said meet for sandbags galore
SarahS

Postby Lindsay M » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:28 am

Just as a warning, the forecast has changed again and Tuesday now looks better than Wednesday. I'll make a final call on the day tomorrow morning and post up here and on Facebook. If anyone needs to drop out please do let me know.
Lindsay M

Postby Paulina_M » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:41 pm

Hi, I might be able to come but am only flying to UK today & will need to check my bike is road-worthy...
Paulina_M

Postby JR » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:30 pm

I hope to come along too, weather permitting!

Thursday evening's looking that the other viable opportunity.

JR.
JR

Postby Lindsay M » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:21 am

To confirm: the weather this evening is likely to be dry, but it will probably be wet tomorrow so we will be going to Almscliff today. Please let me know if you are now unable to come.
Lindsay M

Postby Will Hunt » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:41 am

Please could you take me off the list? I'll probably head out somewhere on Thursday.
Will Hunt

Postby Lindsay M » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:56 am

Will Hunt wrote:Please could you take me off the list? I'll probably head out somewhere on Thursday.

Done, and given your place to Julie since she was top of the reserve list that started this morning.
Lindsay M

Return to Evening Meets