Ski Trip Planning - March 2020

General discussion about anything not covered above.

Ski Trip Planning - March 2020

Postby Claire T » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:34 am

The weather is boiling....so it must be time to start thinking about planning a ski trip for 2020!!!! 8)

Initial conversations with interested folk are homing in on a week at the beginning of March (1st potentially) to Austria or France and mostly likely a moderately priced chalet week in an established 'linked' resort to make sure there is plenty for skiers and boarders alike of all standards (on and off-piste). Hopefully we can identify a good option for those odd-bods who also like to ski up the hills too. :shock:

If you are interested then please let me know and I'll create a group for discussions/planning. Often there are discounts for booking early and money-off early bird lift passes too - so keen to get something confirmed sooner rather than later!

Whhhooooosssssccccchhhhhhhhh..........!
Claire T

Re: Ski Trip Planning - March 2020

Postby mike » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:19 am

Darn, can't do beginning of March :-(
mike
Site Admin

Postby hburns » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:20 am

I'd be keen to be kept in the loop on ski trip plans, and happy to help to organise.

Cheers
Helen
-
Helen
hburns

Postby Claire T » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:49 pm

Right....a plan is coming together.

If we move the trip back a couple of weeks it becomes much cheaper so we are looking at a wonderful catered chatel hotel in Austria with a company called Ski Miguel who several of us have travelled with before. Resort is Bad Gastein and the link to the chalet is below:

https://www.skimiquelholidays.co.uk/cha ... nburg.aspx (chalet)
https://www.skimiquelholidays.co.uk/res ... stein.aspx (resort)

The dates proposed are Sat 21st March for a week, flying from Manchester at a cost of £624 p/p including flights and transfers. The resort is stunning and has a thermal hot springs in the town amongst the old buildings too which is a great way to unwind. Transfer is only 1 hour. Usual catered facilities but a great bar downstairs too. Included ski guiding provided and a great village to explore too. Apres was awesome here too.

There is a group discount of 1 goes free in 8 so it may get cheaper too if folk sign up. The hotel/chalet sleeps up to 32 in double/twin rooms and there is currently availability and we simply book per room as the group develops.

I loved this place so very happy to go back. Around a dozen or so folk have expressed an interest so I'm starting an e-mail group. Anyone who wants to be on it please let me know. Helen - can you send me your e-mail address?

All welcome - beginners, experts, friends.... :D
Claire T

Postby Kate » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:31 am

Sounds great. I'm interested now I've found myself some extra leave.
Kate

Postby Claire T » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:26 pm

Initial booking for the 12 who have signed up to be made on Friday! Give me a shout if there is anyone else interested and I'll include you in the booking. :D
Claire T

Return to General