Tuesday 24th July Brimham Rocks

Topics related to evening meets, including indoor and outdoor evening climbing meets

Tuesday 24th July Brimham Rocks

Postby Will S » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:23 am

Back to Brimham for this week's meet. You can find crag info on UKC below.
https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=538

Brimham is a really extensive venue with something for everyone. In fact its so extensive its easy to get lost in, so I suggest meeting at the Cubic block area close to the car park.

It's quite far away so if anyone is interested a needs a lift please post below.

Thanks,
Will
Will S

Re: Tuesday 24th July Brimham Rocks

Postby Sandra » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:23 am

Neil and I will be there as long as it's dry. :)
Sandra

Postby Jodie » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:38 pm

Hi everyone, I can make this meet, finally! As I've said before I'm a total beginner so if anyone's happy for me to tag along and hopefully I'll learn something that'd be great.
If I could car share with anyone too please let me know :)
Jodie

Postby Lindsay M » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:30 am

I'm planning to come along.

Jodie - would you be able to drive to somewhere to meet up with someone to lift share? I work in York so I'm a bit useless for lifts, but if you could get to someone's house in Leeds they could take you from there. It's worth doing if you haven't been up to Brimham before as it's not the easiest venue to find your way around until you've been a couple of times.
Lindsay M

Postby Jodie » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:15 pm

Lindsey - thanks

...I can drive to someone's house to car share, I'm free anytime, earlier the better I guess but either way if any ones got a space free that'd be great as like Lindsey says I'll probably struggle to find where people are if I head there on my own.
Jodie

Postby Will S » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:25 pm

Jodie wrote:Lindsey - thanks

...I can drive to someone's house to car share, I'm free anytime, earlier the better I guess but either way if any ones got a space free that'd be great as like Lindsey says I'll probably struggle to find where people are if I head there on my own.

Hi Jodie,

I'll be leaving from Guiseley around 5. In terms of beginners climbing I don't have any plans to put any top ropes up on anything as tends to happen at our beginner orientated evening meets. There is plenty of easier climbing at Brimham, as well as lots of bouldering if you have a pad?

Will
Will S

Postby JR » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:40 pm

Probably going ot have to give this a miss - rather overdid the recovery this w/e! My right foot would welcome some more days off before seeing the inside of a rockshoe again!

JR.
JR

Postby Jodie » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:46 pm

Will S wrote:
Jodie wrote:Lindsey - thanks

Hi Jodie,

I'll be leaving from Guiseley around 5. In terms of beginners climbing I don't have any plans to put any top ropes up on anything as tends to happen at our beginner orientated evening meets. There is plenty of easier climbing at Brimham, as well as lots of bouldering if you have a pad?

Will

Ah OK i didnt get to the beginners meet when's the next one?
Lindsey, I would be going up the A1 and across the A59 depending on where in York you're leaving from? That's if there's anything going for beginners as there's no point me going on this one if not. I could go and just watch, guessing I'll learn a few things even if I don't get to climb?
Jodie

Postby Lindsay M » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:02 pm

I work near Poppleton, but live in Kirkstall so not ideal for meeting up with if you want to drive (but if you prefer to use public transport to get to where I work and then back from Leeds, then I'm happy for you to jump in with me!). It might be simpler if you can get to Guiseley and lift share with Will, but up to you what you prefer.

I'm planning to do some easy stuff, so while there won't be any top ropes per se, I can give you a crash course in removing gear so you will be able to second my leads - does that sound ok?
Lindsay M

Postby Jodie » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:05 pm

[quote="Lindsay M"]I work near Poppleton, but live in Kirkstall so not ideal for meeting up with if you want to drive (but if you prefer to use public transport to get to where I work and then back from Leeds, then I'm happy for you to jump in with me!). It might be simpler if you can get to Guiseley and lift share with Will, but up to you what you prefer.

I'm planning to do some easy stuff, so while there won't be any top ropes per se, I can give you a crash course in removing gear so you will be able to second my leads - does that sound ok?[/quote

Lindsey / Will - that sounds good to me, I'll hopefully get a lift with Will if that's OK please?
Jodie

Postby Will S » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:34 pm

That's fine Jodie,

I'll be going straight from work, my Work's postcode is LS20 9PD, we are opposite the new licence plate place.

Will
Will S

Postby Jodie » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:37 pm

Will S wrote:That's fine Jodie,

I'll be going straight from work, my Work's postcode is LS20 9PD, we are opposite the new licence plate place.

Will

Great, thanks! Just let ne know if it changes from 5pm
Jodie

Postby Will S » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:07 am

Hi guys,

Sorry about this but I've injured my neck this morning so won't be coming to Brimham. Jodie sorry its short notice, if you want to go ahead and drive there the parking is below

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.0767928,-1.6863435,16.17z?hl=en

Will
Will S

Postby Jodie » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:22 pm

Ah never mind! If anyone else can offer a lift i can drive to where ever, just text me as it'll be quicker than on here 07305290823 :D
I may just drive though if anyone wants to meet me at the car park Will posted? Just let me know time, I'm about an hour away
Jodie

Postby Lindsay M » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:32 pm

Jodie wrote:Ah never mind! If anyone else can offer a lift i can drive to where ever, just text me as it'll be quicker than on here 07305290823 :D
I may just drive though if anyone wants to meet me at the car park Will posted? Just let me know time, I'm about an hour away

Hi Jodie,

I'll be arriving at the car park around 6, I drive a black Kia Rio. I will wait for you if you are not already there and show you how to get to cubic block. Hayley is also coming, she drives a green micra. Neil and Sandra will be in a silver polo. Not sure if anyone else is planning to join tonight, but people with climbing gear are generally easy to spot.
Lindsay M

Next

Return to Evening Meets