Tuesday 4th September Almscliff Crag

Topics related to evening meets, including indoor and outdoor evening climbing meets

Tuesday 4th September Almscliff Crag

Postby Will S » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:32 pm

Its the last Almscliff meet of the season! Everyone one bring your psych and biggest arms. Is Will Hunt going to get up Wall of Horrors this year? Will John do Black Wall Eliminate? Does Linsay M still have any skin left on her hands?

If you've not been before (what have you been doing!) you can find crag details below:
https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=373

There will also be the usual social at the Hunters Inn after.

I'm going to aim to get there about quarter to 6. See you there.

Will
Will S

Re: Tuesday 4th September Almscliff Crag

Postby Lindsay M » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:40 pm

I shall be in attendance.

Spoiler - skin has grown back - we can't have that can we? Plus I want to see if my blood has washed off Rough Crack yet...
Lindsay M

Postby SarahS » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:18 pm

I should be there, traffic permitting (stupid pooley bridge road works) :roll:
SarahS

Postby KatM » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:23 pm

Hello all, I'm new to LMC. Interested in coming along on Tuesday but have no transport... is anyone driving who could give me a lift please? Otherwise what's the best way to get there?

Also, do I need to bring a harness?

Thanks, looking forward to meeting you guys :)
KatM

Postby Lindsay M » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:20 pm

Hi Kat, I work in York so can't offer a lift. We're fairly spread out so it would be useful to know where you're based. There is a station nearby (Weeton) that you can walk up from if needed.

You will definitely need your own shoes, harness and belay device. A helmet is recommended also.
Lindsay M

Postby KatM » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:17 am

Hi Lindsay, thanks for the info. Been years since I did proper climbing (I've mostly been bouldering) so I'll come if I can get some gear together, probably by train (am Leeds-based). Otherwise it'll have to be a future meet! I'm often at the depot on Thursday evenings though so hopefully see some of the club there.

Thanks!
KatM

Postby SueB » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:24 pm

Hi
This will be my first attempt at outdoor climbing/bouldering, but keen to get stuck in and give it a try! I have shoes and a harness and will be driving down from Guiseley if anyone wants or needs a lift.
Sue
SueB

Postby Will S » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:41 am

Kat, If you do make it post up to say what time your train gets into Weeton, I should be able to pick you up from there as its a couple of miles to the crag from the station. Same for anyone else thinking of getting the train out.

Sue, Welcome to the club. We usually congregate at the Low Man area of the crag which is the lower bit that you will see to the far left of the crag as you are walking up the field.

Will
Will S

Postby Will Hunt » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:52 am

Will S wrote:Kat, If you do make it post up to say what time your train gets into Weeton, I should be able to pick you up from there as its a couple of miles to the crag from the station. Same for anyone else thinking of getting the train out.

Sue, Welcome to the club. We usually congregate at the Low Man area of the crag which is the lower bit that you will see to the far left of the crag as you are walking up the field.

Will

And when he says far left, he means far right.

I'll probably be there.
Will Hunt

Postby Paul_C » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:27 am

Anyone interested in going early to do a bit extra?
Paul_C

Postby Will S » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:17 am

Will Hunt wrote:
Will S wrote:Kat, If you do make it post up to say what time your train gets into Weeton, I should be able to pick you up from there as its a couple of miles to the crag from the station. Same for anyone else thinking of getting the train out.

Will

And when he says far left, he means far right.

I'll probably be there.

Ooops! your right Will. Sorry for any confusion Low man is at the far right. I've been spending too much time with comrade John.

Will
Will S

Postby Luke J » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:38 am

I'm coming.
Luke J

Postby Sandra » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:48 pm

I will be there, too. I'm getting the train in from Leeds to Weeton after work.

Will, a lift is much appreciated :) my train gets in at 17:50 but no worries if that is later than you would like to get to the crag.

I was thinking of setting up a top rope on traditional climb for those who wish to practice their jamming skills...
Sandra

Postby SueB » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:12 pm

Haha, thanks for the slightly confusing directions to your meeting point. Hopefully I'll spot you in amongst the rocks!
SueB

Postby Will S » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:01 pm

That’s fine Sandra, see you then
Will S

Next

Return to Evening Meets