Ty Isaf Campsite, Nant Peris 18th to 21 April Easter Weekend

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks

Ty Isaf Campsite, Nant Peris 18th to 21 April Easter Weekend

Postby Kharrison23 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:47 am

WHHOOOOPP summer is here, dust off your picnic blankets, fluff up your sleeping bags and repair the punctures on your sleeping mat.

Much like the current state of UK politics, the first camping meet of the year will be without strong leadership, so if anyone fancies leading the ship through this turbulent time, step up to the helm.

The proposed camping location is Ty Isaf Campsite in Nant Peris, Snowdonia. It comprises the fields opposite the Vaynol Arms. Prices are cheap, camping is basic but the location is fantastic.

Post up below if you intend to attend N.B. you must contact the Ty Isaf campsite the night before if a group is planning to attend (01286 870494), it is normally worth mentioning you are a mountaineering club and not a bunch of louts looking for an all-night rave

To remind you lovely lot of how camping meets work, see below, further details are provided in the LMC handbook:
1) The location of the meet is weather forecast dependent and can be moved to a location with a better forecast, with the final decision being made (nromally by the meet leader) as to where to go two days before the start of the meet.
2) You turn up to the campsite, ensuring you comply with the campsites payment policy - sometimes check in at reception/farmhouse, other times pitch up and pay the following morning
3) You ensure you have a good time and respect the campsite rules
Kharrison23

Re: Ty Isaf Campsite, Nant Peris 18th to 21 April Easter Wee

Postby John McMahon » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:46 am

At the moment the forecast is looking good, so I am up for this meet.
I don't mind leading it except I refuse to have anything to do with the meets book. I can phone the site and warn them the LMC are coming, otherwise there isn't much to do as meet leader on camping meets. I could phone the Vynol Arms and book a communal meal for Saturday night if people want that. Post below if you do.
I am looking to climb VS-HVS, maybe E1 if I'm feeling fit or could second up to E2. Post below if you want to team up.
I am flexible with time so could drive over there Thursday night or Friday.

Cheers
john mcmahon
John McMahon

Postby JR » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:22 am

I'm staying in the valley this weekend, at the very least, might see a few of you in the Vaynol.

Still don't know the exact numbers or plans of the group I'll be with, so I'll be in touch if I'm after a partner.

Looking really nice! (Except, perhaps, for Monday).

JR.
JR

Postby Paul_C » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:12 pm

I would like to come to this, thursday evening if good weather.
Paul_C

Postby Paul_C » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:58 pm

Weather looks great, I would climb with you if you wish.
Paul_C

Postby John McMahon » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:41 pm

OK Paul, I will be going in the van so if you want to travel with me that's fine.
Thursday night would suit me, eat first and set off around 6.30pm.
It's all weather dependant of course, but it's looking good at the moment.
I have guides for this area.

Cheers
john mcmahon
John McMahon

Postby Will Murray » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:35 pm

Hi all,
I'm going to be in N.Wales with the van this weekend too and am looking for a climbing partner happy to do some mountain multi pitch or sea cliff routes.

In similar grade range to what John mentioned above. Am quite flexible with times and days so could partner up for just one of the days or a few.

Will
Will Murray

Postby JR » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:43 pm

Will, I'll be in touch tomorrow - I'll need to talk to my mates about their plans for which days we'll be climbing etc, but I think we might end up an odd number at a couple of points so once I know that I'll know what days we could hook up.

I'm staying up the valley at the CC place.

JR.
JR

Postby John McMahon » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:56 pm

Hi Will

Due to the lack of interest in this meet, me and Paul hatched different plans.
Looks like we'll be going to Gogarth, unless there is sudden interest in Nant Peris.
We will be camping at the canoe club site or the one next door.
Get my number from the private section and give me a text if you are going to join us, which you are more than welcome to do.
Let me know what you are doing.

Cheers
john mcmahon
John McMahon

Postby JR » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:36 am

Will - I notice your number isn't in the private section so you'll have to contact me (text is probably best) if you want to do something on the 'mainland'.

JR.
JR

Postby Will Murray » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:08 am

Thanks for the offers gents and cheers for the message JR. I'll put my number up there now. I'll be around the area from this eve doing some trail running and trying to scout a few more of the scrambles I need to get more familiar with around Ogwen and the pass. However am always up for a climb if somebody is free!
Will Murray

Return to Weekend Meets