JR

Re: Summer Bash, Duddon Valley, 21 - 22 June

Postby JR » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:17 am

Relieved to see that it's arrived!

JR.
JR

Postby Kate » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:08 pm

Any space left? If not I'll head to Turner Hall Farm to camp. May I still join for the summer bash or is that not allowed if the hut is full?
Kate

Postby Helen C » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:04 am

Hi Kate, there are still 3 places left at the moment, but you may need to camp. Send your cheque in and I will update the BB as I receive more cheques.

Next week I can start sorting out BBQ and travel arrangements.
Helen C

Postby Shorts » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:17 am

Hi, I’d like to come and I’m happy to camp but I have no idea where my cheque book is. Can I pay another way?
Shorts

Postby JR » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:34 am

Sooooo - does anyone on the comittee have any ideas on how to deal with the no cheque book situation?

Sarah - given that no-one else has submitted a cheque & we have 3 camping spaces and 3 hut spaces left (as I understand things) there's a reasonable chance that you'll get a space.

JR.
JR

Postby Lindsay M » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:00 am

Ask someone else to write a cheque and pay them by cash/BACS is how people normally get around it.

Paying the club by BACS isn't an option for meets as only the treasurer can access the online banking so the meet leader would be relying on the treasurer to confirm who booked in what order. Also if someone didn't get on the meet the treasurer would have to do refunds etc whereas a cheque can just be ripped up. The cheques system saves a huge amount of work/admin, hence why we still use it. In spite of many many discussions, we have yet to find a workable alternative that wouldn't cause the treasurer to quit :)
Lindsay M

Postby Helen C » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:39 pm

Sarah - Lindsay has summed up the payment situation, we know it is not an ideal system but haven't come up with a better one. I live in Meanwood and work at the University so if you are close to either you could always drop off cash for me. If it wasn't for the poor weather I would have been on the Tuesday evening meets and you could have paid me in cash then if you attended.

JR - there are only 3 places remaining and these are camping places - although a few people booked in the hut may consider swapping to a camping spot.

We can still take more bookings, please state if you want to camp or stay in a bunk.

I understand that parking is limited so we will need to start planning car sharing/travel arrangements soon.
Helen C

Postby JR » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:45 am

Helen - sorry for confusing the 3 places left in total with those in the hut (which is now full pending peopel shuffling around to camping)

I've submitted a cheque for Sarah Short.

My obvious car grouping is myself, Luke and Sarah (assuming Luke's still local?) Don't think anyone else is Shipley/Baildon/Bingley/Menston area?

JR.
JR

Postby Lindsay M » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:48 pm

Myself, Sam and Hayley are planning to car share.
Lindsay M

Postby Paulina_M » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:16 pm

I would appreciate not making another long journey on the motorbike. If I could get to Leeds & maybe leave my bike at someone's place & hitch a ride with them, that would be great. I could even take the train/bus to Leeds instead, though city centre might not be the best location for pick up. Anyone?
Paulina_M

Postby hburns » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:54 pm

I can offer a lift from Leeds (live in Armley but can pick people up). I got a roof box, so plenty of space for people and climbing gear :)
hburns

Postby Helen C » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:00 pm

There are still 2 camping spaces available next weekend. If these places fill up Turner Hall Camp Site is very nearby and you can join in the Saturday night BBQ at the hut.

We have some new members at the meet so just a quick reminder of what to bring/ what to expect:

You will need to bring a sleeping bag, pillow and towel (sometimes there are pillows in the hut so maybe just bring a pillowcase).
Clothing and equipment suitable for the conditions and activities you are undertaking - not sure about the weather yet but hopefully drier than recently.
Food/drinks for the weekend - the hut has a "well equipped kitchen" including fridges & cookers/oven so catering is no problem.

Friday - as usual is flexible, arrive when you can, cook at the hut, have a meal in the Newfield Inn, eat before you set off or on the way. I am sure there will be a visit to the pub and/or drinks in the hut. (I hope to arrive early - I am still finalising details.)

Saturday night - BBQ - weather permitting (otherwise we can cook everything indoors). We will need to bring portable/disposal BBQs so please let me know if you are bringing a BBQ.
Food - we can either all bring our own food, or I am happy to bring salads/bread/sauces & condiments (and puddings?) and split costs and we all bring burgers/ sausages/chicken or anything else you want to BBQ.

Any questions let me know.

Thanks Helen
Helen C

Postby norbert » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:57 pm

I am happy to drive or get a lift from Otley or nearby...
Maybe the weather will be good enough to climb.
norbert

Postby Graham J » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:20 pm

Hey Norbert - do you want to team up for both driving and climbing?
Graham J

PreviousNext

Return to Weekend Meets