Peak Sunday 11th August?

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks

Peak Sunday 11th August?

Postby JR » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:50 am

Given that the Wasdale meet is cancelled & the forecast for Sunday currently looks 'reasonable' forthe Peak (and West Yorkshire), so any of those who expressed an interest in Wasdale want to try for Sunday?

Please be aware that there's still the potential for showers and it'll still be unseasonably windy from the SW, which, from experience, will make the Eastern Edges a pretty unpleasant place to climb.

I've been toying with the idea of limestone instead, most probably Dovedale as places like Tissington spires don't take much drainage (they stick out from the hillside) and are at a fairly low altitude so shouldn't be unpleasantly windy. Also Dovedale is exceedingly scenic, so if we're rained off, you can pretend that you're actually meant to be out on a walk!

Of course you don't have to follow me, I've likely got at least one potential partner from outside the club, but if you fancy something different from the usual choices, please speak up!

JR.
JR

Re: Peak Sunday 11th August?

Postby JR » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:42 pm

I appear to have got a bit of a posse together for Dovedale. We'll be making the final decsion as to the venue and whether it actualyl goes ahead on Saturday evening.

JR.
JR

Re: Peak Sunday 11th August?

Postby JR » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:22 am

Drizzly unhelpful forecast means I'm heading to Sheffield Depot - meeting a friend there - may have others joining me. Should be there around midday.

Cheers,

JR.
JR

Return to Weekend Meets