Peak camping meet 28th/29th September

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks

Peak camping meet 28th/29th September

Postby Tom_J » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:33 pm

The heather is in flower, the moors glow purple in the gentle light, there is a chill in the air. Yes, we have stumbled into September and the final camping meet of the year is just weeks away!

The meet is at Hardhurst Farm (https://www.ukclimbing.com/listings/accommodation/hardhurst_farm-20084), which is a lovely relaxed campsite in the Hope Valley. It has an onsite cafe that used to serve nice breakfasts that included Derbyshire oatcakes (although I haven't tested it recently) and there is a pub, The Travellers Rest, a short walk away; perfect for food, perfect for beer.

Things to do

Climbing.
The campsite is well situated for quick access to the Eastern Edges.

Other stuff. The Hope Valley is great for walking, mountain biking, road cycling, and many other outdoor activities I can't think of right now.

Naturally, the meet going ahead is contingent on a decent weather forecast. However, the campsite is close enough to Sheffield, and the local crags dry quick enough, to make it worth taking a punt on this meet even if the the forecast is mixed.

Post below if you are coming, and do say if you are looking for a climbing partner.

Tom
Tom_J

Re: Peak camping meet 28th/29th September

Postby Ian Ashman » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:19 am

Tom
I am planning on joining this trip
Ian Ashman

Return to Weekend Meets