Llanberis Hut meet - 25th/26th October

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks

Re: Llanberis Hut meet - 25th/26th October

Postby JR » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:37 am

Weather permitting, I'd like to get back to gogarth climbing, or failing that some of the limestone venues are reliable.

Might be interested in picking off a few walking targets instead of biking if the weather's poor.

Cheers,

JR.
JR

Postby DavidPonting » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:48 pm

If weather permits, I'd like to get on some of the crags in the pass - though I suspect that (or any rock?) needs the next ten days to be bone dry! Failing that I haven't touched the Snowdon horseshoe this year...

p.s. are we planning a group meal?
DavidPonting

Postby Ian Ashman » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:51 pm

Hi all, Karl has just emailed me the hut access details. Conveniently it is a combination of a key safe lock and electronic door code ( no posting of anything).If you e-mail me your e-mail address I will forward and share details by return (ianashman@hotmail.com).

Still a way off yet but BBC weather app is showing dry if a bill cool at 8c on Saturday. 8c temperature is on the edge for me (8c climbing another planet) and I will admit am thinking about possible scrambling combination. Can decide later. If sun shines that will swing back to climbing though.

Also would be good to share travel arrangements to ensure nobody is travelling alone unless that is their preference.

Dave
Wasn't planning shared meal but could be option if enough people are up for it?
Ian Ashman

Postby JR » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:19 am

Ok - travel arrangements - where will be people be travelling from and when would they be able to leave?

Obviously, I'm a bit out on a limb being in Shipley. Probably free from about 6p.m.

Cheers,

JR.
JR

Postby Helen C » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:32 pm

I was hoping to climb if it is warm enough & dry enough and I was considering taking my mountain bike.

Unfortunately I will have to travel on my own as I am meeting friends at lunchtime in Manchester on the Friday.

I would be happy to cook something on Saturday evening, I was thinking of chicken cacciatore, it is not worth making it just for myself so happy to cook for others as well.
Helen C

Postby CathS » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:13 pm

Hi Helen

I could lift share with you if you want, as I am on the way to North Wales from Manchester (I live 5 minutes from J20 of the M6, where it crosses the M56). I'd be happy to drive you over to Snowdonia but it may be a squeeze getting your bike in my car (it would be wheels-off with the back seat down) or otherwise have a lift with you, whichever you prefer. I could set off any time from about 3:30 pm. Let me know anyway whether or not this would work for you.

I'd also love to take up your offer of chicken cacciatore. Let me know if you want to contribute anything else (other than cash).

I would also ideally like to climb if it is warm and dry enough (maybe we could team up?). But given the recent weather hillwalking and/or scrambling seems the more likely option...
Last edited by CathS on Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CathS

Postby Ian Ashman » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:46 pm

Hi Helen
Thanks for food offer but Keith is veggie and I am flexitarian. Just spoken to Keith and I have offered to cook up something veggie. Hope that's ok.

Re transport I am currently in wales looking after my mum and likely to be here next week so sorry can't offer lift to anyone.

Hoping like others to climb but weather looks remaining unsettled through later part of next week so will do want we can. Hopefully climbing, if not scrambling or worst case a wet walk somewhere. Unfortunately I don't have my bike with me ☹️
Ian Ashman

Postby Will S » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:25 am

Karl and I are heading over Thursday evening so cant help out with lifts sorry.

If someone is doing a big meal I'm happy to contribute ingredients / money and do the washing up.

Will
Will S

Postby DavidPonting » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:30 pm

Also would like to join in on and am very happy to contribute to Saturday evening funtimes as needed - ingredients, cash/washing up, or indeed pudding!

In terms of lifts, I do have a parking space at work on the Friday, so if I'm driving I can leave the centre of Leeds any time after 3:30pm, though I'm also more than happy to be driven by someone else rather than squeezing others into a little old Yaris...
DavidPonting

Postby Chew » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:06 am

More than happy to chip in if someone fancies cooking.

Weathers looking a bit mixed. Would like to get out climbing, but more than happy to go walking/scrambling. Can also bring the bike if others are?

Was planning on leaving after work either from Bradford/Halifax, depending if I can wangle some WFH action.
Chew

Postby Tom_J » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:07 pm

I'll sort out my own dinner on Saturday.

I'm hoping to climb in the quarries if the weather is good enough. I need to check in with Wayne, but if the current forecast holds I'm minded to go for a run one day and will try and come up with something else on the other day.

Travel - no firm plans yet, other than that I will be leaving from Leeds Friday afternoon/evening.

Tom
Tom_J

Postby Helen C » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:00 pm

Ian/Keith - I don't mind cooking a veggie version as well - perhaps with chick peas & pumpkin as it's nearly halloween.

I probably won't take my bike now.

Cath - I will send you an email.
Helen C

Postby Ian Ashman » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:37 pm

Helen C wrote:Ian/Keith - I don't mind cooking a veggie version as well - perhaps with chick peas & pumpkin as it's nearly halloween.

I probably won't take my bike now.

Cath - I will send you an email.

Hi Helen
Whow that would be amazing if that is ok with you. I will be in Wales next week so really happy to go shopping if you can PM or text me a shopping list. I'll have lots of spare time to do it. Also I can do an apple crumble for pudding... Lots of apples going to waste in my mums garden.
Ian Ashman

Postby Kharrison23 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:27 am

Thanks for the offer Helen. I would love to get involved with the meal. Let me know if there is anything I can do to assist!!

Karl
Kharrison23

Postby JR » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:30 pm

I'm more than happy to get involved with the meal too - give me instructions on what to bring or tell me how much I owe!

Ta,

JR.
JR

PreviousNext

Return to Weekend Meets