Help Wanted/Needed in Coming Weeks?

General discussion about anything not covered above.

Re: Help Wanted/Needed in Coming Weeks?

Postby Graham J » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:46 am

Whilst in the coming weeks I'll also be offering my support in this regard, for the time being I just want to say a MASSIVE thank you to Karl who has just dropped off a bag of groceries for me on day 4 of my confinement.

This club continues to be such an awesome group of people and I just think you're all bloomin' marvelous. To anyone who isn't able to get supplies in at the moment, please don't be shy about asking for help when you need it.

(Nothing to worry about with me - just a bit of a cough but trying to do the right thing by staying isolated. No significant fever to speak of so I daresay it's an overreaction on my part but if everyone takes it seriously, the better it'll be for everyone I guess?)
Graham J

Postby Lindsay M » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:42 pm

Graham J wrote:Whilst in the coming weeks I'll also be offering my support in this regard, for the time being I just want to say a MASSIVE thank you to Karl who has just dropped off a bag of groceries for me on day 4 of my confinement.

This club continues to be such an awesome group of people and I just think you're all bloomin' marvelous. To anyone who isn't able to get supplies in at the moment, please don't be shy about asking for help when you need it.

(Nothing to worry about with me - just a bit of a cough but trying to do the right thing by staying isolated. No significant fever to speak of so I daresay it's an overreaction on my part but if everyone takes it seriously, the better it'll be for everyone I guess?)

You're doing the right thing Graham, and nice one Karl. This is exactly why this thread was set up. GROCERIES FOR ALL!
Lindsay M

Postby JR » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:02 pm

Get well soon Graham! And, indeed, nice one Karl :-D

It looks like there's a few 'mutual aid' groups springing up on FB (and probably other 'channels' too) so it'll be worth looking at what's local to you.
Obviously, Will H, Harry, Luke and myself are a bit of an outlier being Shipley/Bingley way, but we do seem to have another group in Otley, another in North Leeds, Karl's Pudsey one, etc.

I'll be around during the day at various points next week if needed.

JR.
JR

Postby Kirsty.Lightfoot » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:12 am

Also happy to help, working from home in Chapel Allerton and have my car :)

Shout up if you need anything, even just a chat ☺️ - 07765242259
Kirsty.Lightfoot

Postby emm » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:55 pm

I'm in south-east Leeds so I don't know if there's anyone in the club near me... Happy to help and am working from home. Have signed up for British red cross community reserves and for Volunteer Action Leeds.
emm

Postby SteveM » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:39 am

Checking in from Otley - 07833431156
SteveM

Postby Kate S » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:46 pm

Great thread of messages. I look forward to getting to know you all properly once we are back able to see each other. Sad I didn't make it to the wall for the last few Tuesday evenings before all this happened! You seem a great bunch! As a diabetic I wouldn't be your first choice of people to do your shopping for you, but can be your second choice, if you happen to live in North Leeds.
Kate S

Postby Paulina_M » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:41 pm

Based in York (I know of a few other members live in the vicinity) and happy to help.
Any excuse to get on the bike ;)
Paulina_M

Previous

Return to General