LMC Pull Up Comp!

General discussion about anything not covered above.

Re: LMC Pull Up Comp!

Postby Paulina_M » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:27 pm

For all those disappointed with their results, let me redefine the meaning of 'pathetic': I can do half a pull-up.
It is a mystery to me how I manage to climb what I do with this level of non-fitness. I suspect I might improve a lot if I gained some more strength :D
Paulina_M

Postby Will S » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:37 pm

That's fine Paulina,

You should be able to improve on that! what are you pulling up on?

Anyone got any tips on controlling your feet? My legs keep swinging out and its pulling me off.
Will S

Postby HarryBD » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:47 pm

Will S wrote:Anyone got any tips on controlling your feet? My legs keep swinging out and its pulling me off.

Try to hold your feet out in front rather than swinging them - requires a fair amount of core tension but really helps to transfer the force you generate into you moving up
HarryBD

Postby Kate S » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:36 pm

Well I saw this just yesterday and with a pull up bar I can do a grand total of 0.05 pull ups, I was barely able to get my feet off the platform I was standing on. So rest assured any other weaklings, you are not the weakest! Definitely room for improvement I would say!
Kate S

Postby emm » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:38 am

Re. feet: I find I am lifting my knees towards my chin as I pull ... Is this cheating? The momentum helps me get my chin above my bar (or at least it feels like it helps!) (Where I have my bar positioned I might knock my head on my door lintel... but I've already lowered the bar to the height of my other half's scalp so that's where it's gonna stay).

I should have warmed-up better before pulling-up this morning; got a shoulder pain after three. :|
emm

Previous

Return to General