Pembroke August Bank Holiday

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks

Pembroke August Bank Holiday

Postby Kharrison23 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:08 pm

I write to thee having tossed aside my LMC committee flat cap, and having had half a bottle of vino blanko, lamenting over my fourth cancelled foreign trip (being due to fly to Spain tomorrow).

As it is looking unlikely the LMC flag will be flying over any campsites for the foreseeable, I am casting my gaze towards my own personal annual pilgrimage to climbing Meccah (Pembroke) for the bank holiday weekend, like a fed and bred goose sensing the impending winter.

I intend to undertake this ritual, with full adherence to all available guidance, in a very socially acceptable way.

My understanding is that whilst all manner of unprecedented and 'new normal' (shudder) social rituals have cast gloom over our lives, Simon and his well-equipped campsite are operating 'business' as usual.

Rumour has it, that others may be heading south.

My proposed itinerary is to flock off on Thursday evening and return reborn and salted on Monday.

Karl
Kharrison23

Re: Pembroke August Bank Holiday

Postby Hsmith89 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:27 pm

Here here! Totally up for this, bank hol weekend for me and depending on shoulder might be keen for rest of the following week too. It will be my first sea cliff experience for looking for non tidal low grade for sure :)
Hsmith89

Postby kankudai » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:20 am

We're going as well. From 25th to 31st of August so coming back on Bank Holiday. The subject of getting a camping site spot.
# Lukasz Kisala (Lucas)
kankudai

Postby Graham J » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:53 am

I might climb, I might bike, I might surf, I might just hang around the campsite in inappropriately tight clothing that causes me a mischief...

But I intend to be at Buckspool Farm from Thursday 27th - Monday 31st with a bucket of sanitiser and a healthy distance from others.

Bring it.
Graham J

Return to Weekend Meets