New member just saying hello...

General discussion about anything not covered above.

New member just saying hello...

Postby JDSwain » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:14 pm

Hi all,

Just joined the LMC and thought i'd say hello.

Name is John, keen climber, runner, biker, skiier...generally i'm just happy being outside. I have climbed for 15years or so trad, sport, bouldering, winter and a bit of alpine stuff in the past. Over the past few years work really got in the way so I had a classic lockdown epiphany and have changed jobs and now have a lot more time and am very keen to spend it in the hills. I'm based in Leeds, have my own transport and all that and would be good to meet some like mind folk to climb with.

Any advice on the best way to get involved would be awesome?

Cheers,

John
JDSwain

Re: New member just saying hello...

Postby SarahS » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:54 pm

Hi John

Welcome to the club. You are welcome to come along to anything posted on here, just let the meet leader know on the thread. Weekend meets (huts and camping) you will need to have paid subs however and it is a first come first serve basis.

There's not a lot of outdoor climbing going on at the moment but we meet regularly on Tuesday nights at the Big Depot, there's usually a few of us in LMC shirts.

There's a fair contingent of us that mtb and road bike regularly if you wanted to join some of us, we have a facebook messenger group I can add you to if you want. Just find me on Facebook - Sarah Sharps!

There are also keen skiers and snowboarders but that's not my area :lol:

Hope to meet you soon!
SarahS

Re: New member just saying hello...

Postby JDSwain » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:00 am

Ok brilliant.

I'm away skiing next week but will be back and around so will try and get along to a big depot meet.

Thanks,
John
JDSwain

Return to General