Brimham Rocks 20th July

Topics related to evening meets, including indoor and outdoor evening climbing meets
hannahjacobsen

Re: Brimham Rocks 20th July

Post by hannahjacobsen »

me please :)
Will S
Active Site Member

Post by Will S »

DynoDavid wrote:I'm keen. Anyone game for a second on some VS routes
I'd probably be up for that David. Do you have any in mind?
Will S
Active Site Member

Post by Will S »

hannahjacobsen wrote:me please :)
Your're on
JWA

Post by JWA »

Hi. count me in too :)
DynoDavid - I can lead (just!) VS if you're game.
Rin

Post by Rin »

Had another study of the RockFax app and I'm planning to go to Cubic Block as a 1st choice... I'm likely to arrive around 6pm (bit earlier if I'm organised and traffic is agreeable, bit later if I'm faffing around before leaving...) Would be great if any other LMC'ers are going to that area to get the info on the descent. :)
Natj86

Post by Natj86 »

Hi, as a newbie is there anyone/where in particular I should meet and what kind of time? I can be there from late afternoon if anyone is free.

Also does anyone know if it is free for parking after a certain time, just so I know if to find coinage down the sofa! (Unless they take card) the website is a bit vague. Thank you :)
AmyF

Post by AmyF »

I've been wanting to do lancet crack for a while but not sure on the getting down, potentially tandem abseil.... would anyone like to do this?
JR
Active Site Member

Post by JR »

Amy - I've ab'd off and I've done the rather awkward downclimb on the different times I've done this route. Both felt a bit sketchy! Route's well worth doing though.

Anyone else on here done it recently and can comment on 'exit strategy'!?

JR.
Will S
Active Site Member

Post by Will S »

Natj86 wrote:Hi, as a newbie is there anyone/where in particular I should meet and what kind of time? I can be there from late afternoon if anyone is free.

Also does anyone know if it is free for parking after a certain time, just so I know if to find coinage down the sofa! (Unless they take card) the website is a bit vague. Thank you :)
How do people feel about meeting at lovers leap/cracked buttress area? Then we can split off as needed. Its reasonably easy to find and has a good mix of grades. Lancet Crack is pretty close and Emm, Cubic block isn't too far away I should be there about 5 or half past.

Not sure about whether they take card but the National Trust is unlikely to give any parking away for free.
Will S
Active Site Member

Post by Will S »

If anyone gets lost my number is 07904848414
Will S
Active Site Member

Post by Will S »

Actually forget my above post, shall we all just meet at cubic block? Will be shadier
Martin Xmas

Post by Martin Xmas »

AmyF wrote:I've been wanting to do lancet crack for a while but not sure on the getting down, potentially tandem abseil.... would anyone like to do this?

I would like to do the route - less keen on the tandem abseil:)
Now this route has to be in the shade ????
Martin Xmas

Post by Martin Xmas »

Natj86 wrote:Hi, as a newbie is there anyone/where in particular I should meet and what kind of time? I can be there from late afternoon if anyone is free.

Hi, I am not working tomorrow so can be at Brimham for 1600 - however with this heat evening May hurt less ;)
DynoDavid

Post by DynoDavid »

JWA / Will S
I'm going to be arriving at Cubic Block at about 7 o'clock. So on the later side of the evening. Hopefully if traffic is quiet and I get out of work on time it'll be a little earlier than that.

I'm keen to try and lead Rough Wall, Moss Side and White Rose Flake if I get time
JR
Active Site Member

Post by JR »

Hoping to be at the parking by 5:30p.m. I'll wander over to Cubic area first to see who's about.

JR.