Summer Bash - Langdale - 2022/07/08-09

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks
mike
Site Admin

Re: Summer Bash - Langdale - 2022/07/08-09

Post by mike »

I can offer a lift, Friday lunchtime ish.
mike
Site Admin

Post by mike »

mike wrote:I can offer a lift, Friday lunchtime ish.
Will be giving Paul C a lift.
Sarae
Active Site Member

Post by Sarae »

I can offer a lift from Halifax and back to Otley…..or Skipton to Skipton between 3-4pm on Friday.
Peter

Post by Peter »

I can offer a lift or travel with someone else and leave my car at theirs. Leaving Friday morning.
James_Mac_Climber

Post by James_Mac_Climber »

Peter wrote:I can offer a lift or travel with someone else and leave my car at theirs. Leaving Friday morning.
I'm also planning to leave fri morning, you're welcome to lift share with me and leave your car. I'm in Kippax
Gmatthew

Post by Gmatthew »

I'll bring my BBQ. All welcome to share it. Will be driving up early sat morning.
mike
Site Admin

Post by mike »

mike wrote:
mike wrote:I can offer a lift, Friday lunchtime ish.
Will be giving Paul C a lift.
And Dave C
CathS
Active Site Member

Post by CathS »

Is there anyone planning to climb at around Severe-HS looking for a partner to share leads with?

I am just about getting back into leading Severe (after not climbing so much in the last couple of years due to Covid), so would be up for leading the easier pitches on multipitches at this grade to get my confidence back up (and of course to train for Kalymnos!). I would claim to know my way around Gimmer, having climbed there on many occasions in the past, but got slightly off-route up there last summer! I have lots of multipitch experience.

I will probably head up on Thursday evening if there is someone to climb with on Friday.

Looking forward the weekend!
Cath
mark
Active Site Member

Post by mark »

CathS wrote:Is there anyone planning to climb at around Severe-HS looking for a partner to share leads with?

I am just about getting back into leading Severe (after not climbing so much in the last couple of years due to Covid), so would be up for leading the easier pitches on multipitches at this grade to get my confidence back up (and of course to train for Kalymnos!). I would claim to know my way around Gimmer, having climbed there on many occasions in the past, but got slightly off-route up there last summer! I have lots of multipitch experience.

I will probably head up on Thursday evening if there is someone to climb with on Friday.

Cath
Hi Cath, not sure I can make the weekend camping but if the weather is nice can meet you to climb on Friday (possibly) as its just over an housr drive.
CathS
Active Site Member

Post by CathS »

mark wrote:
CathS wrote:Is there anyone planning to climb at around Severe-HS looking for a partner to share leads with?

Cath
Hi Cath, not sure I can make the weekend camping but if the weather is nice can meet you to climb on Friday (possibly) as its just over an housr drive.
Hi PJ - that would be great - and it would be lovely to catch up with you too after so long. I will message you on WhatsApp (I think I have your number on that - assuming your phone number hasn't changed) to come up with a plan. Hopefully see you on Friday!
Stevo

Post by Stevo »

Hi, I'm aiming to arrive lunchtime on Friday, so I'm up for some cragging in the afternoon if anyone's free.

I'm happy on the easier stuff - gladly do anything up to VS

Steve
James_Mac_Climber

Post by James_Mac_Climber »

Stevo wrote:Hi, I'm aiming to arrive lunchtime on Friday, so I'm up for some cragging in the afternoon if anyone's free.

I'm happy on the easier stuff - gladly do anything up to VS

Steve
Hi Steve,

I should be arriving roughly similar time to you, and I'd be up for aome cragging in the afternoon. Climbing about same level as you, so anything up to vs.

Cheers, James
JR
Active Site Member

Post by JR »

Tentative plan is that myself and Peter will travel over on Friday morning.

JR.
John McMahon
Active Site Member

Post by John McMahon »

Me and Cath intend to attend, we will probably get there on Friday afternoon.
Cath would like to do road cycling or walking, I would like to do some multi pitch climbing. Will lead up to VS will second harder.
Get in touch if you want to team up.

Cheers
john mcmahon
Dave C
Active Site Member

Post by Dave C »

John McMahon wrote:...I would like to do some multi pitch climbing. Will lead up to VS will second harder.
Get in touch if you want to team up.

Cheers
I'm also looking for a climbing partner.
Happy to team up with you again if you want.