Tremadog easter 2017

Where've you been, what did you do?
Marq
Active Site Member

Tremadog easter 2017

Post by Marq »

What a trip! Well maybe I am biased because I went and got outdoors stuff done each day. The numbers varied from 7 down to 6 and then down to 4 but we got out and did things. Due to the forecast for Friday 5 of us stayed Thursday night in the hut and then on the Friday Vicky and I went to Coed y Brenin for a thrash round one of the red routes. Our timing wasn't great though as we set off at 11.55 with only a couple of cereal bars in our bags. When lunch finally arrived after 4 hours of biking it was devoured very quickly. Cath and Dave visited Cae Amos as there was a work meet on. The bothy is nearing completion and they hope to open it up soon. They then went to a garden shop and made the top bedroom very homely with various bits of greenery. Karl and Tom hoped to get some climbing in the peak done on their way over, however, it was raining there as well so no luck for them and it just ended up with cake being consumed at the hut. Cath made an excellent soup which was married to a hearty spag bol made by Vicky. Garlic bread was eaten at various points of the meal. Ian headed home :-(

Saturday promised better weather but dawned damp so a delayed start and hope saw Tom, Karl, Vicky and I head to the upper tier of Craig Pant y Fan. Four routes were achieved in the sunshine before we heading back down to the hut for lunch. Oxford MC, Tom's old club, were up there getting some routes in as well. For the afternoon we hit the main crag getting Christmas Curry done (with a very long wait). Tom and Karl managed Grim Wall before catching us on Christmas Curry. Cath and Dave went for a walk in the Rhinogs getting buffeted by a chill breeze. No plants were purchased. Dave was the chef tonight so soup and bangers and mash was on the menu. There were some envious looks towards the sausages bought from the Leeds market butcher.

Sunday was forecast to be poor but the weather gods were toying with us and gave us bright sunshine to start the day so Vicky and i managed to get Oakover done before the rain came in. Tom and Karl took the ropes and rack for a walk along the road before thinking better of it. The ability to climb VS on just a banana is evidently not shared by all. The rain felt like it had set in so four of us headed back to Coed y Brenin for some more biking. Dave and Cath headed home. Karls early enthusiasm on the bike resulted in a bit of a bonk but everyone enjoyed getting out even though we got soaked. Cake, hot chocolate and coffee were consumed again before heading back to the hut and a chilled out afternoon hunting hidden eggs.

Monday was due to be good again but it was a damp start so we opted to head to the slate and clean the hut to allow the rock to dry. On heading round to llanberis there was a generally persistent drizzle but each team got 3 routes done before the rain properly set in. We had our final piece of cake sat in an old building off slate plates before Tom requested proper coffee (not Pete's Eats impression of coffee) so after some thinking we headed to V12 and had great coffees in a gear shop - bliss!

Thanks everyone for turning up and having a good time. Thanks Vicky for organising.

Marq