Mill Cottage 20th-23rd February

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks
Neil R

Mill Cottage 20th-23rd February

Post by Neil R »

Bookings will be opening on 20th January for the second Scottish winter meet of 2019. If you want to go on the meet, please send a cheque to me (my address is in the private section).

The meet is at Mill Cottage near to Feshiebridge, grid reference NH 847 047 (note that SATNAV is inaccurate on the approach to Mill Cottage and is likely to lead up a dead-end estate road). For more information on the hut and directions see: https://www.mountaineering.scot/clubs/h ... ll-cottage

There are a total of ten beds available.

As this is a Scottish winter meet with a high likelihood of winter conditions, attendees must have the necessary equipment for their chosen activities. The club does not provide any equipment. For winter walking you will need to possess and know how to use crampons and an ice axe. For more information see the Constitution and Handbook (https://leedsmc.org/handbook) or feel free to contact me.

1. Neil R
2. James R
3. Paulina
4. Karl H
5. Lisa B
6. Will Sm
7. Sandra R
8. Ruth J
9. Dave P
Last edited by Neil R on Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
DavidPonting
Active Site Member

Re: Mill Cottage 20th-23rd February

Post by DavidPonting »

Hi Neil,

It's a longer meet; does that mean that cheques need to be for £40? I've missed the chance to post today so will drop it off in person on Sunday...
Master of Ceremonies
Lindsay M
Active Site Member

Post by Lindsay M »

DavidPonting wrote:Hi Neil,

It's a longer meet; does that mean that cheques need to be for £40? I've missed the chance to post today so will drop it off in person on Sunday...
Yep - £10 per person per night so £40 for this one :)
Kharrison23

Post by Kharrison23 »

Oooh you are a tease Neil, I can't bear the suspense.
Karl
Neil R

Post by Neil R »

The wait is over!
JR
Active Site Member

Post by JR »

Of relevance to the journey back from this meet:

https://www.transport.gov.scot/news/a9- ... -closures/

JR.
Neil R

Post by Neil R »

Is anyone else keen to go on this meet? If there is much more interest, we could book 4 extra spaces at the hut, but we would need to do this before Thursday.
Paulina_M

Post by Paulina_M »

Hi Neil,
this is prob late, but I'd be keen to come. Pls let me know if that's possible. Cheers!
Neil R

Post by Neil R »

Hi Pauline,
Unfortunately it's too late for the club to book you onto this meet; however if you contact the hut custodian directly, you may be able to stay there. The relevant details are on here: https://www.mountaineering.scot/clubs/h ... ll-cottage
Neil R

Post by Neil R »

It's not long until the meet. I hope you've all been sharpening your axe(s) and crampons!

Please can you post below to let everyone know when you want to set off for the meet? Hopefully it will be possible for some people to share lifts.

Will S and I will travel to Scotland on Sunday 17th Feb and go to Mill Cottage on the Wednesday evening.
Kharrison23

Post by Kharrison23 »

Lisa and I are driving up from Preston on wednesday morning so may be first at the cottage and will get it warm for everyone.

Karls
JR
Active Site Member

Post by JR »

Right then - we've got Mike N, Dave P, Sandra, Will M, Ruth J & myself to sort transport for.
Frustratingly, I'm very much out on a limb seeing as I'm in Bradford.

Mr Ponting - I'm assuming you'll be leaving from work, which is York way?
Will M - whereabouts are you based?
The rest of you - what are your constraints on when are where you'll be (leaving) from?

JR.
Sandra

Post by Sandra »

I am driving up Friday night and will be heading back with Neil on Sunday. We have space for one on the way back. ;)
DavidPonting
Active Site Member

Post by DavidPonting »

I've got the Wednesday off, so am happy to leave whenever suits (from Moortown). Mike, could I grab one of those spaces if possible?
Master of Ceremonies
JR
Active Site Member

Post by JR »

Depending on stuff with Will M, I'll either be heading up alone on Wednesday evening, or with him on Thursday morning.

Note - looking at the forecast, I'd strongly suggest people also bring rock climbing gear - I reckon Creag Dubh could be a go-er given it's nearby, south facing and will have had 10 days of dry weather by the time we get there!

JR.