Voting for the LMC Annual awards is now open

Social events: drinks, curries, slide-shows, lectures etc.
Sarae
Active Site Member

Voting for the LMC Annual awards is now open

Post by Sarae »

So then, voting time has come around for the annual (ahem) LMC Awards.
The nominations received are as follows:

1.Mountaineer of the year.

A) Will Smith and Penny Newell as a joint award
For undertaking the VS challenge

B) Haley Smith and Helen Burns as a joint award.
They have been a shining beacon of psyche in a dark dank cesspit of inactivity, making the most of every opportunity to get out and climb. Sweeping though climbs like covid in a retirement home, they quickly had a triple-figured ticklist. Not only this but their overwhelming enthusiasm has been infectious, drawing in new and old members alike and making sure Lindsay had plenty of social media content!

C) Will Hunt
8a sender! A pretty amazing achievement squeezed in between having 2 very young kids and various lockdowns.

2. Contribution to the Club (Keith Waddell Award)

A) Helen Burns, psych spreader drumming up countless trips, days out, walks, climbs when all seemed bleak and desperate in the lockdown landscape.

B) Haley Smith, She's done a great job keeping everyone in the club engaged over lockdown. It's been a hard time but I think she's got people more engaged with the club despite not being able to have meets.

C) Sara Hayes for enabling the club to continue to flourish throughout the pandemic, and supporting the committee in delivering activities throughout the year.

D) Luke Jones for his huge contribution to building and maintaining our website. Anytime we have issues with it, or (or other people esp in signing up to it) he is always available to sort out issues, doesnt grump, and just does it!

3) Best Improver

A) Lindsay McMorran Her trad leading confidence this year has blossomed despite all odds and seen her most recently almost tackle a VS at Witches Quarry this year.
B) Harry Brook-Dobson, he has progressed from VS to E1 over summer. He started the year battling grit VS's now he's cruising E1s. Nice

In the immortal words of Bruce Forsyth, to vote for your favorite......follow the link and cast awayyyyyyy.

https://rb.gy/y2wkq8
Lindsay M
Active Site Member

Re: Voting for the LMC Annual awards is now open

Post by Lindsay M »

Great nominations, so hard to pick who to vote for!
Kharrison23

Post by Kharrison23 »

[quote="Sarae"

D) Luke Jones ... doesnt grump*, and just does it!

[/quote]

*this comment has been flagged for factual inaccuracies, and has been reported to the Fake News review board
DavidPonting
Active Site Member

Post by DavidPonting »

Photo competition voting is also now open, here:

https://forms.gle/joACgY7Nix2xqrxd6

VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE (only once each, please)
Master of Ceremonies
Will S
Active Site Member

Post by Will S »

Martin,

That's a very generous lean you put on the Frontline picture, thank you. :)
My own Dalriada moment.

Will
MW1989

Post by MW1989 »

Not at all Will, Zoom in on those quickdraws... they are hanging vertically. Limited edition prints available on request for a small fee. Years of experience of making easy climbs look hard and exposed, so on this one it wasn't difficult to show it looking steep - it was steep and hard and almost broke me! (At least one vote in the bag then. I'm sure this was meant to be an anonymous competition...).
Will Hunt

Post by Will Hunt »

Will nominated me as a joke! Don't vote for me!

P.S. please can I vote just for Penny and not Will. Will's a great guy - handsome, funny, smells nice; but Penny's the wad. One of my most memorable trad climbing moments of the year was holding Penny's ropes as she slapped wildly up the runout of Overhanging Groove. Such a gutsy effort! Gripper!
Will S
Active Site Member

Post by Will S »

Is 8a a joke to you?

If like me 8a is not a joke to you vote for Will Hunt, mountaineer of the year
DavidPonting
Active Site Member

Post by DavidPonting »

Photo awards voting closes in just over 18 hours (2pm on Thursday)
Master of Ceremonies
Sarae
Active Site Member

Post by Sarae »

Thanks everyone who attended and contributed the Xmas bash, as I said, not our usual kind of event but well attended, and good fun. So to confirm the Annual Award winners;

1.Mountaineer(s) of the year.

A) Will Smith and Penny Newell as a joint award
For undertaking the VS Stanage challenge

2. Contribution to the Club (Keith Waddell Award)

B) Haley Smith, She's done a great job keeping everyone in the club engaged over lockdown. It's been a hard time but I think she's got people more engaged with the club despite not being able to have meets.

3) Best Improver

A) Lindsay McMorran Her trad leading confidence this year has blossomed despite all odds and seen her most recently almost tackle a VS at Witches Quarry this year.

In my eyes, everyone nominated was a winner, but hearty congratulations to all our voted winners. Well done!