GOWER 28 May-1st June (Kennexstone)

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks
hburns

GOWER 28 May-1st June (Kennexstone)

Post by hburns »

To celebrate the return of camping meets, I would like to bring the LMC down to Gower peninsular the late May bank holiday!

THE CLIMBING:
The sport climbing is plentiful from quality hard steep lines to get the biceps pumping to beachside well bolted 3s and 4s. Both tidal and non tidal stuff is available so no excuses to just get ice cream on the beach at high tide. The rock quality is good and the grading is soft.

free topos http://www.sportsclimbs.co.uk/mainpages ... 0Index.htm

Come for the bolts stay for the trad! There's also very good trad climbing notedly at fall bay area (the best HVS is over on juniper wall) feel free to pester me to peruse the Gower rock selective guidebook to whet your appetite for Gower trad!

OTHER STUFF
There's plenty of coastal walking, or water sports activities (surfing kayaking)

CAMPING
I have spoken to the lovely folks at Kennexstone farm and they are happy for the LMC to come. The Welsh government has announce its planning on easing restriction on shared facilities around a similar time to England so obviously we're banking on this happening! With staycations being so popular you'll need to book your space in advance and put a note saying you're with LMC and we'll be allowed to all camp together. There's currently plenty non electric pitches but it's recommended you book soon as its a bank holiday!

BOOK HERE: https://www.gowercamping.co.uk/

Note it is cheaper to bunk up here as prices are per pitch not per person!

STAYING ON
It's a long old way to Gower, I know that! A few of us are already planning on staying on afterwards till the following weekend whether that's in a cheeky van camping spot or a fancy air BnB!
-
Helen
Lindsay M
Active Site Member

Re: GOWER 28 May-1st June (Kennexstone)

Post by Lindsay M »

I shall be in attendance 29th May - 5th June.

I may have booked myself into a cottage. LUXURY.
hburns

Post by hburns »

Me and Dixy are booked into the campsite, 28th - 1st June and will be in the Gower area till the 4th as I planned a bouldering trip in the midlands from the evening of the 4th. No rest for the wicked :twisted: .
-
Helen
TayRex

Post by TayRex »

I'm in! Thanks for organising this. Will book accommodation tonight. Considering back to backing this with Skye :D
SarahS
Active Site Member

Post by SarahS »

I am therrrrreee with the husbando. Booked in for a week (29th-5th)! But in a fancy cottage also haha
Bring it ooooon 8)
joeytalbot

Post by joeytalbot »

I'm going to Wales!!!! Croeso y Cymru! Hello my hearties! I'll be there 28th - 1st, and I can almost taste the sea spray already.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Don't think I could handle Tayah's plan of driving all the way to Gower and then to Skye or I would come.
kankudai

Post by kankudai »

Myself and Karolina staying at the camping from 29th to 1st of June, then moving to AirBNB until 4th of June.
Let's see what this Gower has to offer! :)
# Lukasz Kisala (Lucas)
hburns

Post by hburns »

Staycation fever is real and kennexstone is booked.

There's another large site near by that might have space
https://www.gowerfarmtouringandcampingpark.co.uk/

As people might be spread of multiple locations we'll create a whatsapp group closer to the time to co ordinate!
-
Helen
kankudai

Post by kankudai »

Also, I've stumbled upon this resource for South Wales inc. Gower: (https://swcw.org.uk/wiki/Category:Gower). So if you are bored at work, well now you are not, peruse at your leisure :)
# Lukasz Kisala (Lucas)
hburns

Post by hburns »

I've added a WhatsApp chat link to the private section so people can co ordinate plans
-
Helen
tasosx

Post by tasosx »

Hi there

I will be attending with a friend, havent really found where we re stayign atm but got a car and are flexible. How r we gonna meet up with the rest of the group?

*Just read the whatsapp comment so my question is answered 8) :lol:
hburns

Post by hburns »

If you are coming, do get on the whatsapp group so we can co ordinate plans. The other meets are all a bit easier as we're generally in one campsite and with out booking issues. Just the increase of staycations has made gower more complicated.

Also can i double check you have your own helmet, harness belay plate and know how to lead belay etc. I kinda assume so If you're just planning on rocking up, but have to check!
-
Helen
Lindsay M
Active Site Member

Post by Lindsay M »

I'm so excited I might burst.
SarahS
Active Site Member

Post by SarahS »

Me tooooooooooooooo :lol: :lol: :lol: