Wasdale Inn Campsite 6th-7th August CANCELLED

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks
John McMahon
Active Site Member

Wasdale Inn Campsite 6th-7th August CANCELLED

Post by John McMahon »

MEET CANCELLED
Wasdale in the heart of the Lake District is not only the birth place of Rock Climbing, but a centre for all mountain activities. With walk ins to Scafell and Gable, the area offers some of the best mountain days out in the country.
Park in the Wasdale Inn car park and pay at reception (if the car park is full park at the village green car park, 2 minutes walk away). It's £6 a night with no booking. The hotel say there has been no problem with increased numbers due to staycating. There is no vehicle access to the camping field, which is across a stream from the car park, so it's traditional camping. The hotel serves food, if you want to book it's 01946726229 or reception@wasdale.com.
Post below if you intend to attend.

1. John McMahon
2. Kirsty
3. David
4. Natasha
5. Ian
6. Lucas
7. Karolina
8. Claire
9. Luke
10. Hannah
11. Patricia
Last edited by John McMahon on Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:57 pm, edited 7 times in total.
john mcmahon
Kirsty.Lightfoot

Re: Wasdale Inn Campsite 6th-7th August

Post by Kirsty.Lightfoot »

Me please! ☺️
DynoDavid

Post by DynoDavid »

Me please!!
Kate

Post by Kate »

We're in Wasdale that weekend anyway, but we've gone for the 5* NT campsite with onsite parking, groomed camping pitches, a shop and loads of midgees for company LOL
Natj86

Post by Natj86 »

Hi I am new to LMC. I am hoping to attend an evening meet next week if newbies are welcome. Am I able to attend this weekend meet? I have recently ventured into leading lower grades and am happy to second higher grades. I’ve experience of leading (easier grades) and seconding (easier & harder grades) multi pitch mountain routes. Thank you. Natasha :)
Lindsay M
Active Site Member

Post by Lindsay M »

Natj86 wrote:Hi I am new to LMC. I am hoping to attend an evening meet next week if newbies are welcome. Am I able to attend this weekend meet? I have recently ventured into leading lower grades and am happy to second higher grades. I’ve experience of leading (easier grades) and seconding (easier & harder grades) multi pitch mountain routes. Thank you. Natasha :)
Yes you would be very welcome to attend the meet. We have a grace period of a day/evening meet or two to see if you like the club, but for weekend meets we ask everyone to have paid their subs for the year before attending. Details on paying are here https://www.leedsmc.org/pay
John McMahon
Active Site Member

Post by John McMahon »

Hi Natasha. As Lindsay said, if you pay your subs you are welcome to join the meet. I am an experienced climber and would be happy to partner you on lower grade mountain routes as that is what I was hoping to do on the meet and I have not arranged a partner yet. If that suits then pay your subs and add your name to the meet. Obviously if you have already arranged a partner, that's fine too, don't let me put you off.

Cheers
john mcmahon
Natj86

Post by Natj86 »

Hi John,

That sounds fantastic, thank you very much. I’ll pay my subs now so if I can please be added to the list that would be great.

Thank you for your response too Lindsay. I’m down to attend Brimham on Tuesday as my first meet :)
John McMahon
Active Site Member

Post by John McMahon »

That's great Natasha. My target routes are Abbey Butress and Tophet Wall on the Napes, but nothings set in stone. Have a look and see what you think, I'm open to any suggestions.

Cheers
john mcmahon
Ian Ashman

Post by Ian Ashman »

Planning on joining meet too John if you can sign me up. Fingers crossed dry weather holds.
Natj86

Post by Natj86 »

John McMahon wrote:That's great Natasha. My target routes are Abbey Butress and Tophet Wall on the Napes, but nothings set in stone. Have a look and see what you think, I'm open to any suggestions.

Cheers
Routes sound great John :)
John McMahon
Active Site Member

Post by John McMahon »

I am flexible when I travel and will be taking my van, I can carry two passengers and any amount of kit. I could go anytime on the Friday or even travel Thursday night. When are people planning to travel?
Would people like me to book us into the Wasdale Head for dinner on the Saturday night?
There is a social in the Midnight Bell on Thursday 5th August. Does anyone want to attend that and make plans?
Post below if you have any opinions on these ideas or any other thoughts.
Cheers
john mcmahon
kankudai

Post by kankudai »

Can you please add myself (Lukasz) and Karolina too.
We're 90% confident we will be able to make it but will confirm next week (trying to juggle few things at the same time)

If we make it, we would love to come on a Saturday night dinner.
# Lukasz Kisala (Lucas)
Kirsty.Lightfoot

Post by Kirsty.Lightfoot »

I'm heading to the Midnight Bell so happy to plan then :) and also keen for a Saturday night dinner!

I'd be happy to car pool, I can leave Friday after work!
Ian Ashman

Post by Ian Ashman »

John, put me down for the meal too please. Thinking optimistically, it would be good if you could make it as late as possible e.g. 8pm to allow time to get down and shower etc. Can’t make Midnight Bell session but I will keep an eye on BB for plan details/changes.