10th August - ALMSCLIFF

Topics related to evening meets, including indoor and outdoor evening climbing meets
DynoDavid

10th August - ALMSCLIFF

Post by DynoDavid »

Almscliff. Don't walk on the wall

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/almscliff-373

If you don't like walking on walls and you can park without blocking a gate then you are welcome to come. See you there.

We will also be going to the Hunters Inn after. If you can't make the climbing come along for a chat and a bottle of Newkie Brown

1. David S
2. Brian S
3. Will S
4. Luke S
5. Manky Steve
6. Natasha
7. Martin
8. Ian R
9. Julie
10. Kirsty L
11. GMatthew
12. Norbert
13. Dixy M
14. Anna
15. Alice T
16. Stevo
30)

Covid stuff:

Ok, the boring bit. As we all know COVID hasn't gone away and cases are rising.

Self-isolation of anyone in contact with a positive case remains a requirement until 16th August (or until 2 weeks after your second vaccine, whichever is later), so if you are notified to isolate you must not attend any meets. There will be no "black marks" for pulling out of a meet booking due to self isolation.

Isolation of people who contract COVID will still be a requirement so if you develop any symptoms of illness which could be due to COVID (this includes headaches, fatigue and even a runny nose for some variants), you must not attend any meets until you have confirmed you are negative or have completed your isolation. Again, there will be no penalties for pulling out of meets for this reason.

Over the next couple of months, most of our planned activities take place outside and are therefore relatively low risk for transmission, but please consider carrying hand sanitiser for use after touching shared equipment etc. Use of masks will still be recommended on public transport and in shops and we would ask everyone to consider this if car sharing.

I know it probably goes without saying but please also be mindful that everyone has different risk factors, both for themselves and their loved ones, and we may not be equally comfortable being around others yet so let's continue to be supportive of each other and not have any mandatory group hugs
Last edited by DynoDavid on Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Brian S

Re: 10th August - ALMSCLIFF

Post by Brian S »

I'll be there
MankySteve

Post by MankySteve »

I too will be there.
Natj86

Post by Natj86 »

May I join in please? I’m new to the group but joined a weekend climbing day a few weeks back. I don’t have gear but have own personal equipment. Led my first S 4a at Almscliffe last week :) so I’m keen to build on this and can second higher. I can get there for around 1600, possibly earlier if anyone is free. Natasha
Martin Xmas

Post by Martin Xmas »

Count me in
Martin Xmas

Post by Martin Xmas »

Natj86 wrote:May I join in please? I’m new to the group but joined a weekend climbing day a few weeks back. I don’t have gear but have own personal equipment. Led my first S 4a at Almscliffe last week :) so I’m keen to build on this and can second higher. I can get there for around 1600, possibly earlier if anyone is free. Natasha
Hi Natasha, I will be there about 16:15 but wont be staying late on a school night :D
Ian R

Post by Ian R »

I will be there :)
DavidPonting
Active Site Member

Post by DavidPonting »

Almscliff twice in a row? We are blessed, I tell you, blessed!

Oh alright then, count me in. I can be there from 4:45-ish
Master of Ceremonies
Natj86

Post by Natj86 »

Hi Natasha, I will be there about 16:15 but wont be staying late on a school night :D[/quote]

Great! No, nor will I. Is this the same Martin from Troller’s Gill btw??
Martin Xmas

Post by Martin Xmas »

Natj86 wrote:Hi Natasha, I will be there about 16:15 but wont be staying late on a school night :D
Great! No, nor will I. Is this the same Martin from Troller’s Gill btw??[/quote]

Yep, I can still belay Severe
Julie123

Post by Julie123 »

Me please
Kirsty.Lightfoot

Post by Kirsty.Lightfoot »

Another week climbing in a sunset, yes pleaseeee
Gmatthew

Post by Gmatthew »

Me too please.
norbert

Post by norbert »

Given that I have spent the summer eating all the pies...
I feel I should be physically and emotionally humiliated - in view of an audience.

I'd like to come please!
DixyM

Post by DixyM »

I am happy to provide my services as a second