Tues 17th Aug Crookrise

Topics related to evening meets, including indoor and outdoor evening climbing meets
SarahS
Active Site Member

Tues 17th Aug Crookrise

Post by SarahS »

Crookrise, who wants in?

1. Martin Xmas
2. JR
3. Ponting
4. Patricia
5. Graham M
Etc

Covid stuff:
Ok, the boring bit. As we all know COVID hasn't gone away and cases are rising.

Self-isolation of anyone in contact with a positive case remains a requirement until 16th August (or until 2 weeks after your second vaccine, whichever is later), so if you are notified to isolate you must not attend any meets. There will be no "black marks" for pulling out of a meet booking due to self isolation.

Isolation of people who contract COVID will still be a requirement so if you develop any symptoms of illness which could be due to COVID (this includes headaches, fatigue and even a runny nose for some variants), you must not attend any meets until you have confirmed you are negative or have completed your isolation. Again, there will be no penalties for pulling out of meets for this reason.

Over the next couple of months, most of our planned activities take place outside and are therefore relatively low risk for transmission, but please consider carrying hand sanitiser for use after touching shared equipment etc. Use of masks will still be recommended on public transport and in shops and we would ask everyone to consider this if car sharing.

I know it probably goes without saying but please also be mindful that everyone has different risk factors, both for themselves and their loved ones, and we may not be equally comfortable being around others yet so let's continue to be supportive of each other and not have any mandatory group hugs...
Martin Xmas

Re: Tues 17th Aug Crookrise

Post by Martin Xmas »

Yes Please Sarah

Quiz question (no answer posting required - JFF) - Antonin Dvorak, Ashington Colliery Brass band, Gold Hill at Shaftesbury, Dorset and Cockney Rhyming Slang - What's the connection to Crookrise?
JR
Active Site Member

Post by JR »

I’m game - as long as you can sort the weather out! ;-)

JR
DavidPonting
Active Site Member

Post by DavidPonting »

Me please!
Master of Ceremonies
Patpatwong

Post by Patpatwong »

i should be there!
Will S
Active Site Member

Post by Will S »

Martin Xmas wrote:Yes Please Sarah

Quiz question (no answer posting required - JFF) - Antonin Dvorak, Ashington Colliery Brass band, Gold Hill at Shaftesbury, Dorset and Cockney Rhyming Slang - What's the connection to Crookrise?
Antonin Dvorak, Ashington Colliery Brass band Residents of Gold Hill at Shaftesbury & Dorset - All have attempted but none have on-sighted the sole? Couldnt figure out the cockney rhyming slang.

Anyone want to try the shelf?
Gmatthew

Post by Gmatthew »

Me please.
Martin Xmas

Post by Martin Xmas »

Will S wrote:
Martin Xmas wrote:Yes Please Sarah

Antonin Dvorak, Ashington Colliery Brass band Residents of Gold Hill at Shaftesbury & Dorset - All have attempted but none have on-sighted the sole? Couldnt figure out the cockney rhyming slang.

Anyone want to try the shelf?
Dvorak's New World Symphony played by the Ashington CBB was the music to the iconic "Boy on the bike" Wholemeal bread advert, directed by Ridley Scott and filmed in Dorset at Gold Hill (despite the misdirection of heavy Lancastrian overtones) - "Hovis" - As good today as its ever been. Cockney rhyming slang - Brown Bread, which might very well be the outcome of a slip before topping out......

As I recall - the Shelf is a rockover horror that max's out the nerve jangling hormones.....right up Graham's street :D
picklealec

Post by picklealec »

What time do people tend to arrive?
SarahS
Active Site Member

Post by SarahS »

I won't be coming as I'm not feeling 100% but most folk get there about 6ish
Gmatthew

Post by Gmatthew »

Martin Xmas wrote:
Will S wrote:
Martin Xmas wrote:
As I recall - the Shelf is a rockover horror that max's out the nerve jangling hormones.....right up Graham's street :D
Is it?
DavidPonting
Active Site Member

Post by DavidPonting »

I should be there 5:30-ish; does anyone have any thoughts about which bit of the crag? Otherwise first one there post up an area…
Master of Ceremonies
Martin Xmas

Post by Martin Xmas »

1645 arrival for me
JR
Active Site Member

Post by JR »

Sorry - I'm not going to be able to get there at a reasonable time (given the limited amount of daylight) - I'll head to Little Depot when I can this evening.

JR.
DavidPonting
Active Site Member

Post by DavidPonting »

We’re at Shelf buttress, use the second stile to get here!
Master of Ceremonies