1st-2nd October Llanberis PCU

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks
Gmatthew

Re: 1st-2nd October Llanberis PCU

Post by Gmatthew »

I am up for this. Can bring my van and stay near by seeing as the hut is full.....
Claire T
Active Site Member

Post by Claire T »

I am keen too and can also stay in my van at a campsite nearby.
Sophie Smith

Post by Sophie Smith »

Hey I'm coming down, but staying at the snowdon inn campsite, see you all there x
music sarah

Post by music sarah »

Hi folks, I will check out the camper van situation and come back to you :D
CathS
Active Site Member

Post by CathS »

music sarah wrote:Hi folks, I will check out the camper van situation and come back to you :D
Sarah (and others) it would be worth checking out the LMC hut rules in the first instance, as the normal arrangement is that you have to be paid up and booked on the meet to be able to use the hut and its facilities (this would include sleeping in vehicles in the grounds, if allowed). I think this will apply even more at the moment with the Covid situation and the fact that the LMC has booked the hut at reduced occupancy?

Also bear in mind that some of us (myself included) have booked on the meet on the basis that the hut is only being occupied at 50% capacity, and aren't comfortable with the idea of being in a more crowded hut. No offence to the individuals who want to come over to Wales and camp instead, but I wouldn't be too happy if extra people started coming into the shared space in the hut.
CathS
Active Site Member

Post by CathS »

The best plan would probably be to arrange to rendevouz with any not booked on the meet outside somewhere. e.g. outside the hut in the morning to share plans for the day, or in a nearby pub the night before?
Lindsay M
Active Site Member

Post by Lindsay M »

CathS wrote:The best plan would probably be to arrange to rendevouz with any not booked on the meet outside somewhere. e.g. outside the hut in the morning to share plans for the day, or in a nearby pub the night before?
The rules haven't changed that only people on the hut list may use the hut facilities. The vanners/campers have all stated in their posts they are planning to stay at nearby sites but posting up here as they are interesting in meeting up which has always been within the rules.
CathS
Active Site Member

Post by CathS »

That's great Lindsay, and what I thought the intention was. But with some people relatively new to the club, and hut meets only just starting up again, it's probably worth making everyone aware of what the club's rules are for hut meets. It seemed that there was some confusion.
music sarah

Post by music sarah »

Hi everybody,

As you may remember, we initially said that due to the very limited numbers allowed at PCU currently, the meet leader for this meet may be subject to change if there was an obvious climbing focus, just to maximise activities for all (I'm a walker and a very rubbish climber so I wouldn't be much use!). Helen (Meets Sec) and I discussed this as soon as we were made aware of the limited numbers, let people know the situation via the private bulletin board post for this meet and have monitored take up as things have developed. Helen kindly offered to take over as Meet leader if this was needed.

It seems looking at take up, and due to the very limited numbers available, it would make more sense for a Climber to lead this particular meet under these circumstances. Helen has already kindly offered to meet lead as she is going on the meet anyway so I am going to step down as Meet leader this time and will lead a different meet for the LMC in the future. Obviously I will make sure that everyone's cheques are handed in as normal.

I absolutely love Llanberis, I'm sure you will have a brilliant time! :D
Hsmith89

Post by Hsmith89 »

Would like to go on reserves list please.
hburns

Post by hburns »

great Hayley I think first we check if the original interested people want to come? Then it can be a hide and seek style race to find me with a cheque at caley?
-
Helen
Hsmith89

Post by Hsmith89 »

hburns wrote:great Hayley I think first we check if the original interested people want to come? Then it can be a hide and seek style race to find me with a cheque at caley?
Oki dok, keep me posted.
Claire T
Active Site Member

Post by Claire T »

As camping elsewhere but yet nearby may cause controversy - I'll head to the lakes instead. :D
hburns

Post by hburns »

Ok van campers and Hayley aren't taking the last spot so there is still a space available
-
Helen
JR
Active Site Member

Post by JR »

I'll be popping a cheque to Sarah today.

JR.