Hello from a newcomer

General discussion about anything not covered above.
StephenE

Hello from a newcomer

Post by StephenE »

Hello all.

Just wanted to introduce myself as a newcomer.

I've been bouldering and hiking for years and top roping more recently. Hoping to get plenty of indoor lead climbing in the bag early next year to put me in good stead to get outdoors in summer. None of my friends are into outdoor climbing so I thought I'd join and try tag along to any of the meets. Not sure where to start but I'm at the Depot or City Bloc most weeks so if you spot me feel free to come say hello!

I enjoy getting out in the Dales or Lakes, day or night, rain or snow. And enjoy the pub at the end just as much as the day out.

A few recent photos as I'm not on social media so get to share them here.

SarahS
Active Site Member

Re: Hello from a newcomer

Post by SarahS »

Hi Stephen

Welcome! At the moment we are regularly meeting up at the Big Depot on Tuesday evenings, come and find someone with an LMC shirt and we will introduce you to some of the other members. There's usually a good bunch about.
Lindsay M
Active Site Member

Post by Lindsay M »

StephenE wrote:And enjoy the pub at the end just as much as the day out.
Well you are going to fit right in here :D

As Sarah says we're at the Big Depot most Tuesdays and this week is the "first Tuesday" social where we had to the Midnight Bell from 9pm ish for a drink and a natter.

To climb you just need to be signed off to climb unsupervised at the wall, for the outdoor meets in spring it's just tie in and belay competently and you'll need your own harness, belay device and shoes, and we'd strongly recommend a helmet. There's no need to be able to lead before you can come along to the outdoor meets.

Look forward to meeting you!
StephenE

Post by StephenE »

That's awesome - I'm heading down this evening, should be there from around 7 so I may see a few of you there :)