Carlswark Cottage (peak) 4th 5th March

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks
hburns

Carlswark Cottage (peak) 4th 5th March

Post by hburns »

A Peak meet? In March? The first meet in March will be to the lovely Carlswark Cottage (http://www.thedpc.co.uk/hut) in Stoney Middleton.

Upstairs there are bunks for 12 persons (plus mattresses for 2 more sleeping on the floor if required),

The climbing in Stoney Middleton is a five minute walk from the hut - as is Carlswark Cavern and Streaks Pot for the cavers. For Mountain Bikers, we have a classic route with some of the best descents in the Peak District leading straight from our door.

Depending on the weather: Climbing, Bouldering, Walking, Caving, Biking are all on the cards.

LMC hut meets are a fixed £12 ppn (£24 total). (This is approximately the average cost per person of the huts).

Booking opens this Friday: Get your cheque or promise to pay to me by any means necessary. Promise to BACS or actual cheques received on the same day will enter into a ballot if they push the attendees over the max number.

COVID: You must to a lateral flow before coming on any hut meet. We've not had any meet covid outbreaks so lets keep it that way please.

The Key Code is in the private section, please take note of this and the hut parking/ loctation before setting off from leeds!

My address are in the private section for sending cheques/ promise to BACS

1. Helen B (bacs)
2. Dixy (bacs)
3, Graham M (bacs)
4. Dan A (c)
5. Em (bacs)
6. Martin C (bacs)
7. Lukasz (c)
8. Karolina (c)
9. Tayah (bacs)
10. Avery (bacs)
11. Joey 'they don't call him freddie' T (c)
12.Peter
13. Sophie
14. JR

Promise to payers you must pay within one week of promising to pay

Saturday Meal: Mexican

Participants: 12

Avery, Tayah, Em, Graham,Peter, JR, Dan, Lukasz, Karolina, Martin, Sophie, Joey

tortillas+ rice - Avery
meat filling &guac' -- Em
JackFruit and bean filling & salsa - Tayah
nachos + toppings - Graham + Sophie?
lime wedges & Cheese + tobasco- JR
coriander -Peter
salad -sauteed mushrooms -grilled peppers - Dan
quorn chilli, tortillas and avocados and salad - Martin
Jalapenos and sour cream -Joey

CAR SHARES:

1. JR + Martin + ?? ( maybe more spaces)
2. Tayah + Dan + ?? ( maybe more spaces)
3. Helen + Dixy (we technically have a spare seat but its a small half seat)
4. Lukasz + Karonlina + ?? ( maybe more spaces)
-
Helen
joeytalbot

Re: Carlswark Cottage (peak) 4th 5th March

Post by joeytalbot »

It looks like I'll be free after all this weekend.
Martin Xmas

Post by Martin Xmas »

hburns wrote:
Booking opens this Friday: Get your cheque or promise to pay to me by any means necessary. Promise to BACS or actual cheques received on the same day will enter into a ballot if they push the attendees over the max number.
Hi Helen, does a post on this thread on the bulletin board constitute an "any means necessary"?
Lindsay M
Active Site Member

Post by Lindsay M »

Full booking rules, as per handbook below for reference. Post, in person (eg through the letterbox or handed over in person at the wall etc), carrier pigeon, very well trained dog, but not currently by electronic means. Online booking system is in testing, Tom has broken it.
• Places on the hut meets are restricted to the number stated on the meet information.
• Bookings will open one calendar month before the first night of the meet and are made with the Meet Leader.
• Bookings can be made by post or in person and must be accompanied by the published booking fee. Bookings by phone or email are not accepted.
• The booking fee is not returnable, except in mitigating circumstances and at the discretion of the Committee, not the Meet Leader.
• A member can book a maximum of two places, i.e. him/herself plus one other prospective or full member.
• Bookings from or on behalf of, full members will only be accepted if he/she has paid the current year subscription. Bookings from, or on behalf of, prospective members will only be accepted if he/she has paid the current year subscription and has completed a prospective membership form.
• Bookings received at any time on the opening date (postal or in person) will be given priority over postal bookings received earlier.
• In the event that a meet is over-subscribed on the opening date, then a ballot will be conducted by the Meet Leader.
• Members who are staying for the full number of nights for which the hut is booked will have priority over members who are booking for less than the full number of nights.
• When the opening date for bookings is a day when there is no postal delivery, then bookings can be received:
o on the last day when there is a delivery before the opening date
o on the day itself (i.e. hand delivered)
o on the first day when there is a delivery after the opening date
Such bookings will have equal priority in the event of a ballot.

In the event of a member being subsequently unable to attend the meet, the place cannot be offered to another member without prior consultation with the Meet Leader, since there may be a waiting list for places. People on the waiting list take priority.

N.B. The dates of the meets refer to NIGHTS spent away, usually the Friday and Saturday.
hburns

Post by hburns »

I will be at the little depot tonight if anyone wants to find me
-
Helen
Top_Cat

Post by Top_Cat »

Lindsay M wrote:Full booking rules, as per handbook below for reference. Post, in person (eg through the letterbox or handed over in person at the wall etc), carrier pigeon, very well trained dog, but not currently by electronic means. Online booking system is in testing, Tom has broken it.
You're going to start blaming me for the online booking system not being available? :cry:
Lindsay M
Active Site Member

Post by Lindsay M »

I take full responsibility for asking you to break it, if that helps?
andymay
Active Site Member

Post by andymay »

BACS payments:

Helen
Dixy
Martin C
Graham M
Tayah H
Emm D
Sophie S
Peter C
Jeremy S
Last edited by andymay on Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rin

Post by Rin »

I believe I need to send money via BACS too.
hburns

Post by hburns »

Perhaps time to consider lift shares and group meals.

Me and Dixy will car share, we do technically have a third seat but its one of those half seat thingys so I'd recommend it only as a last resort

Personally due to difficult dietary requirements I won't par take in a group meal but don't let that stop the rest of you. I hear some of the hut meals have been worth a Michelin star.
-
Helen
avery

Post by avery »

Anyone up for cooking a Mexican group meal? Fajitas, Tacos, Rice, Chilli all on the table!
Lindsay M
Active Site Member

Post by Lindsay M »

avery wrote:Anyone up for cooking a Mexican group meal? Fajitas, Tacos, Rice, Chilli all on the table!
Spoken like a true LMCer...
TayRex

Post by TayRex »

Assuming I can still make it, I'm well up for Mexican!
Rin

Post by Rin »

Mexican sounds fab, but who makes the best guacamole that is the question???

Does anybody coming to Carlswark have stuff for marking the middle of new rope? I bought a couple of Beal legends but they don't have middle marks.
JR
Active Site Member

Post by JR »

I'm tentatively interested in the final place, but I won't know if I'm definitely free for both days until later in the week.

JR.

PS. It's not just the talk of a Mexican meal that swayed me!