Genevieve Shaw

General discussion about anything not covered above.
Paul Sp

Genevieve Shaw

Post by Paul Sp »

I’m sorry to report the death of another friend from the LMC, Genevieve Shaw, who died this week. Genevieve joined the LMC in 2001 and was a regular attendee on meets, although health restricted her meets in recent years. Genevieve was a keen walker who was a good companion on trips to the Lake District and Scotland, as well as on more local walks in the Yorkshire Dales.
SarahS
Active Site Member

Re: Genevieve Shaw

Post by SarahS »

So sad. Condolences to those who knew her.
JR
Active Site Member

Post by JR »

More sad news :-(

Thanks for letting us know Paul.

JR.
Graham J

Post by Graham J »

Again, this is incredibly sad.

I was fortunate enough to have a chat with Genevieve just a couple of weeks ago and despite being so ill, she gave me a standard Genevieve style enthusiastic and direct interrogation, adamant that I give her an update on just about everybody in the LMC she could think of. She also insisted on buying me and some other friends a pair of trail shoes each to encourage us all to keep enjoying the outdoors. There was the suggestion that this should mean I can keep up with the fell runners in the club, but I'm afraid I doubt that I'll be able to live up to her expectations there!

Genevieve was a truly wonderful person and will be sorely missed by all who knew her.
Lindsay M
Active Site Member

Post by Lindsay M »

So sad to hear the club has lost another of our long standing members. I didn't get the chance to know Genevieve well but the few times I did get to chat to her she was great company.
xphoenix0
Active Site Member

Post by xphoenix0 »

Omg was always good to see Genevieve, Sorry to hear this..
Marq
Active Site Member

Post by Marq »

Sad news again. Her cheeky smile and educating Vicky and I on our French pronunciation will be enduring memories along with her kindness and inclusivity.
Mark and Vicky
Sherpa Kenzing
Active Site Member

Post by Sherpa Kenzing »

Another sad loss of another wonderful member. I remember carrying a table up Causey Pike in the snow to help Genevieve celebrate completing the Wainwrights. My thoughts are with her family.