27/28th May Langdale Meet

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks
Gmatthew

Re: 27/28th May Langdale Meet

Post by Gmatthew »

Anyone know if we are allowed barbecues at the campsite?
joeytalbot

Post by joeytalbot »

I'll be giving Graham a lift there
joeytalbot

Post by joeytalbot »

Doing something like Bowfell Buttress on the Saturday would be super exciting if somebody wants to join me
CathS
Active Site Member

Post by CathS »

Gmatthew wrote:Anyone know if we are allowed barbecues at the campsite?
It has this info on the website for the campsite: 'We allow contained raised fire pits and barbecues until 11pm but you must bring your own. Campfires are not allowed.'
CathS
Active Site Member

Post by CathS »

joeytalbot wrote:Doing something like Bowfell Buttress on the Saturday would be super exciting if somebody wants to join me
I'm tempted Joey, but it's less than a year since I last climbed it so I'll probably be looking to do something different this time, and easy as I haven't done much climbing so far this year. It's a great route though, and only a couple of short tricky sections - most of it is Diff-VDiff as per the original grade. And quite a long walk in!
CathS
Active Site Member

Post by CathS »

CathS wrote:
Gmatthew wrote:Anyone know if we are allowed barbecues at the campsite?
It has this info on the website for the campsite: 'We allow contained raised fire pits and barbecues until 11pm but you must bring your own. Campfires are not allowed.'
The question not answered by the website though is whether they'll have the stone-baked pizzas this weekend. They sounded great last year!
joeytalbot

Post by joeytalbot »

CathS wrote:
joeytalbot wrote:Doing something like Bowfell Buttress on the Saturday would be super exciting if somebody wants to join me
I'm tempted Joey, but it's less than a year since I last climbed it so I'll probably be looking to do something different this time, and easy as I haven't done much climbing so far this year. It's a great route though, and only a couple of short tricky sections - most of it is Diff-VDiff as per the original grade. And quite a long walk in!
If there's something similar you have your eye on - perhaps even with a shorter walk in - then let me know Cath :)
SarahMcC

Post by SarahMcC »

I’m picking Anna up from Bramley about 3pm on Friday. Room for another if anyone else wants a lift (appreciate it might be a bit late for some folks).
SarahMcC

Post by SarahMcC »

SarahMcC wrote:I’m picking Anna up from Bramley about 3pm on Friday. Room for another if anyone else wants a lift (appreciate it might be a bit late for some folks).
Bagged by Sophie. F’lup now :)
hburns

Post by hburns »

and we're off. see you all in the mountains. We won't arrive at bays brown until tomorrow though! Ideally, the campsite prefers arrivals before 8 pm, so if most people aim for by 8 that'd be grand! Whoever arrives first try to communicate over BB or facebook where the LMC should head, I'm not sure we have a designated spot this time :)
-
Helen
Plucas
Active Site Member

Post by Plucas »

hburns

Post by hburns »

I'll be writing up a trip report for the two lake meets for the blog. Any memorable tales please post below. Photos see the google photos links in the private section
-
Helen