Walking Meet - Sunday 30th Oct - Stoodley Pike - Updated!

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks
Alice

Walking Meet - Sunday 30th Oct - Stoodley Pike - Updated!

Post by Alice »

Hello,

Stoodley Pike and the Hebden Bridge area is stunning in the autumn and this walk is a treat :D

New rearranged date is Sunday 30th October

Let's meet at 10am at Hebden Bridge Rail Station. Free road side car parking on the road into Hebden Bridge (from Halifax) near the turning off to the station. There's always a big line of parked cars on the road so just find a space there. The 9:19 train from Leeds arrives at the station just after 10am so that's another option. (Do double check that time if you are planning to come by train.)

From the station we'll head up through Crow Nest Woods onto the tops and head S/SE over Cock Hill Moor and Erringden Moor towards Cragg Vale. We'll cross Bell House Moor before heading SW to pick up the Calderdale Way to Withins Clough Reservoir. From there we'll continue our loop onto the Pennine Way to Stoodley Pike then onwards through the fields to Horsehold Wood and back down into Hebden Bridge town. The route should be about 10 miles with lots of options of shortening/extending.

There are lots of cafes/pubs in Hebden Bridge for drinks or hot chocolates afterwards too.

Looking forward to it!

Thanks,
Alice

Attendees:
Alice
Luke
Suzanne
Paul Spinks
Alice

Re: Walking Meet - Sat 15th Oct - Stoodley Pike - NEW DATE

Post by Alice »

Any walkers reading this update might also be interested in some Navigation Skills Training (Advanced and Night Nav) in the Peaks on Sunday 27th November 2022.... if you are please see this thread for further details (only 3 places left!):
viewtopic.php?t=6544
Ainsworp

Post by Ainsworp »

I have to report a casualty. Unfortunately Buddy needs an operation on his knee so can’t attend. I am still keen though if there are enough folly climbers to make a group.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Ah hope Buddy recovers soon. Yes Luke and I will certainly be there :) any more takers? Just one week to go!
Alice

Post by Alice »

Route details are up! Would anyone else like to join us?
Ainsworp

Post by Ainsworp »

Surprised there is no interest in this. If nobody else signs up today/ tomorrow can I suggest we postpone, much as I enjoy Luke’s and Alice’s company it deserves more than 3 people to do the route.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Hi Peter, yes of course. Will see if anyone else writes up and make a decision tomorrow!
Final call…. Would anyone else like to join :)
DanA

Post by DanA »

Any chance we could move this to Sunday? The weather looks more pleasant, and works better for Tayah and I. Does that work for the 3 of you?
Alice

Post by Alice »

Hi, ah sadly Luke and I aren’t free on Sunday but Sarah Shaw posted on the FB thread saying she was. I’ll reply to her on there now.
Maybe we could take a vote? If there are a few more people available on Sunday I’m more than happy to write out a slightly more detailed route for you all.
Ainsworp

Post by Ainsworp »

I am flying to Spain on Sunday, so can’t make that date.
DanA

Post by DanA »

Sounds like a longer term rearrangement will work better - I'll look out for the new date, it looks like a great walk.
Have a great time in Spain!
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

Good morning Alice
I'd be keen for this walk - the colours should be lovely. Preference for Saturday if that's still on the cards. Happy to be quorate even with just three or four but if the decision is to postpone that's also fine. Either way, hope to see you out in the hills soon.
Suzanne
Alice

Re: Walking Meet - Sat 15th Oct - Stoodley Pike - POSTPONED

Post by Alice »

Hi everyone,
I'm going to postpone this meet due to the split in people's availability and the weather looking rather inclement tomorrow. As we've got plenty of interest though, let's do it in 2 weeks. We are free on either Saturday 29th or Sunday 30th October. If you interested in coming on either of those dates please post up with your preference. Hope to see you then.
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

Hi Alice
Thanks for rescheduling. I'm interested in this. Preference for Sunday 30th.
Suzanne
music sarah

Post by music sarah »

Hi Alice
I can do this Sunday 16th October if there’s still interest?