Raeburn Hut - Scottish Highlands Central - January 13th and 14th

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks
Peter

Raeburn Hut - Scottish Highlands Central - January 13th and 14th

Post by Peter »

The Raeburn hut, SMC
https://www.smc.org.uk/huts/raeburn

The first hut meet of 2023! Note, this is before the George Starkey meet. Judging by recent weather I'm expecting this to be seriously wintry. Luckily the SMC state that its one of their most comfortable huts.

Creag Meagaidh and Ben Alder around the corner and the winter mountaineering hotspots of Ben Nevis and Caingorm NP less than an hour away. Have a watch of this to get psyched - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC2tZ31Q7yw
"The huts watersupply is boil only - please bring bottled water for drinking" - I've not been but we'd best take some water for drinking just in case boiled water tastes terrible.

Things to bring: Drinking water, Sleeping bag, pillow case, towel and maybe your own pillow.

BOOKING OPEN

Confirmed:
1. Peter Coldham
2. Ben Gillespie
3. James Rowe
4. Rachael Cooney
5. David Short
6. Ben Crawford
7. Will Smith
8. Miles
9. Joey
There may be more spaces if this fills, but then again there may not.

To Book your place ...
1. Log in to your account at https://www.leedsmc.org/login (not the same password / username as the Bulletin Board!)
2. Click the Membership drop down and select "My Details".
3. On the My Meets card select "Sign Up". Navigate to the meet you wish to sign up for. It will either say "Opens On xx/xx/xx" or "Sign Up".
4. To sign up for an open meet click "Sign Up". This will take you to the sign up page for that meet. You can also navigate to this page from the Meets Calendar (https://www.leedsmc.org/calendar).
5. On the meet page click the "Sign Up!" button. You should then see your name added to the list of Sign ups (pending).
6. Pending attendees are confirmed at the end of each day. If there are more attendees than places then places are assigned randomly on a daily basis, otherwise you will be confirmed automatically the next day.
7. To remove your pending sign up you can click "cancel sign up". You can only cancel as a pending attendee, once you have been confirmed on a meet you can only cancel by contacting the meet leader.

Don't forget to pay the 2023 LMC booking fee when your name is on the list: You will need to pay as soon as you book on to secure your place - via bank transfer - details are in the private section - MAKE SURE you detail your name and what you're paying for on the reference!

Last edited by Peter on Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:18 am, edited 6 times in total.
Peter

Re: Raeburn Hut - Scottish Highlands Central - January 13th and 14th

Post by Peter »

I've taken the Friday off if someone wants to head up first thing on Friday with me. I'm hoping to do a route or three on Meggy or perhaps go over to the Ben if I'm willing to get up sufficiently early not to be benighted.
DynoDavid

Post by DynoDavid »

Get me there!!
JR
Active Site Member

Post by JR »

Definitely interested.

JR.
SarahS
Active Site Member

Post by SarahS »

Just a polite reminder you need to have paid your 2023 subs to be able to go on this meet :wink:
Peter

Post by Peter »

I'm probably too early on this and it will get missed but things to bring are: Drinking water, Sleeping bag, pillow case, towel and maybe your own pillow.

Also, the more we can lift share the better considering the price of fuel. I think I'll be leaving West Leeds around 10am on Friday and coming back in a mega horrible blast on Sunday night. Hopefully I can get at least 2 more people in my car and maybe one of you could drive it for an hour or two in the middle.
JR
Active Site Member

Post by JR »

For those thinking of climbing on 'Meggy' - snowshoes (or skis) can be very useful for approach!

It doesn't look like we've got any other skiers signed up thus far?

EDIT: my backup plan will be taking the bike and heading to Laggan Wolftrax - though as ever that depends on a) it being open, b) transport arrangements.

JR.
Mfalk

Post by Mfalk »

Hi,

interested in going - is anyone looking to drive up Fri afternoon / Return Sunday night?

Happy to drive in mine/share to split fuel.

thanks
joeytalbot

Post by joeytalbot »

I could be tempted to join this one if someone will offer a lift (van troubles atm), especially if they're leaving earlier e.g. Friday morning!
Will S
Active Site Member

Post by Will S »

I'll be signing up for this. I've just paid my subs so if any committee members see this please could you update me so I can sign up :)

Anyone else up for heading up Thursday night?
Peter

Post by Peter »

Cars so far:

Thursday night to Sunday night - Petes car
Will S
Ben
Rachel

People who need a lift:
Joey
Miles
David?

People driving
JR?
DynoDavid

Post by DynoDavid »

I can drive Libby's car which has 4 seats, would be from Durham though so will need to people to make it to mine first.

I'm up for leaving Friday afternoon/evening.

Alternatively I'd be happy to join another car and share the driving
JR
Active Site Member

Post by JR »

I could theoretically take Friday off and therefore head up on Thursday night as well.

When you say Sunday night - you mean coming back Sunday night, or also staying Sunday night?

JR.
JR
Active Site Member

Post by JR »

Peter - double check that there's not been an issue with the booking system as neither Joey, will nor Miles have appeared on the confirmed or pending attendees list on there yet.

JR.
Lindsay M
Active Site Member

Post by Lindsay M »

JR wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:28 am Peter - double check that there's not been an issue with the booking system as neither Joey, will nor Miles have appeared on the confirmed or pending attendees list on there yet.

JR.
Likely either not paid subs for 2023 (so marked as unpaid and can't sign up) or, paid subs and waiting for Andy to check the accounts and update (Will is definitely in this camp and couldn't sign up). Worth noting that due to the weekend and bank hol, there will have been a back log of payments appearing in the account at some point yesterday that he'll have to get through.

EDIT - all 3 now marked as paid :)