AGM Monday 23rd January 2023, 7:30pm, Cardigan Arms

General discussion about anything not covered above.
Lindsay M
Active Site Member

AGM Monday 23rd January 2023, 7:30pm, Cardigan Arms

Post by Lindsay M »

The AGM will take place on Monday 23rd January 2023 at 7:30pm at the Cardigan Arms, 364 Kirkstall Rd, Burley, Leeds LS4 2HQ. We have reserved the upstairs function room.

General Info
Please arrive by 7pm for the meeting
We aim to close the meeting by 9pm at the latest, but if we can wrap it up in an hour I'll be aiming to do so
The booking is for the meeting only but if you would like to arrive early and eat, the Cardigan Arms serves food. The following nearby places are also good: Poco, Viva Cuba, Sheesh Mahal (there are lots of others, I just haven't eaten at them all)
The pub is on the A65/Kirkstall road - all buses going down the A65 will take you past it
There is plenty of parking at Cardigan Fields (across the road) and unrestricted on street parking on the residential streets around the A65

AGM
The AGM will start at 7:30pm. Anyone can attend, but only members who have paid subs for 2023 will be allowed to vote. Remember that 2023 subs are set at £27 (PayPal on the website should be updated, BACS preferred).

I have posted a draft agenda here:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ho2hrzv1 ... ch43elmwv2

Minutes of the previous AGM can be found here:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/4xi48pq3 ... 8ddeok05v6

Agenda Items
If you have anything you would like to add to the agenda please let me know.

Items added to agenda so far:

Proposal to increase LMC hut fees for 2023/2024 calendar
LMC currently charge a flat rate of £24pp for hut meets (increasing by £12pppn for meets of >2 nights). Unfortunately due to increasing costs charged to us by host clubs, the selection of huts we are able to book has been decreasing. For the 2022/2023 season, this was offset partly by early bookings prior to increases becoming effective and/or by using cheaper "bothy" style facilities.

As an example, the current costs to book some of our favourite huts for 2023 are:
Lagangarbh £20 pppn
George Starkey £17 pppn
Alex Mac £20 pppn

Obviously we aim to "break even" over the calendar with some hut meets making a slight surplus, and some making a deficit, but it is clear that we cannot continue to book these huts at our current hut fee. There are two possible solutions: either we keep hut fees the same and use more basic huts, or we keep these huts in our calendar and increase hut fees. We have estimated that an increase to £30pp (+£15 pppn for meets >2 nights) should be sufficient. If approved, the increase would become effective for hut meets from Autumn 2023 and we would retain the current fee until the Easter hut meet.

The proposal above will be voted on at the AGM.

Committee Positions Definitely Vacant
As always, any position can be contested, but we do have some vacancies for 2023 that definitely require filling. If you're interested in joining, have a chat with any current committee members to find out more.

Confirmed Vacancies:
Chairperson
Climbing Coordinator
Social Secretary
Mountaineer

Re: AGM Monday 23rd January 2023, 7:30pm, Cardigan Arms

Post by Mountaineer »

If not individual fees for the expensive huts; all fees up to £15, I woud suggest, the increase to take effect from the AGM
Paul Hudson
May your footsteps tread the unfrequented byways
Lindsay M
Active Site Member

Post by Lindsay M »

Mountaineer wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:12 pm If not individual fees for the expensive huts; all fees up to £15, I woud suggest, the increase to take effect from the AGM
Paul Hudson
We're in a pretty good position for Jan-Apr as Helen has booked some of these huts very early and the rate at the time of booking is being honoured :) but we can discuss in more detail at the AGM and let the great democratic machine do its work!
Will S
Active Site Member

Post by Will S »

How are Alex Mac justifying £20pppn?

The bedrooms are the coldest, dampest environment on earth. You have to take 50p coins for the bedroom heaters so don't let them come at you with a load rising bills nonsense.
Lindsay M
Active Site Member

Post by Lindsay M »

Bump - see you all on Monday!
SarahS
Active Site Member

Post by SarahS »

Thanks all for coming!

I'm sure you're all dying to know who the new committee is..so...

*drum roll*

New Committee for 2023 is:
Chair - David Ponting of Ponting (Master of Ceremonies)
Treasurer – Andy May
Membership – Sarah Sharps
Meets Secretary – Helen Burns
Social Secretary - Peter Coldham
Communication Secretary – Sarah McCullagh
Climbing Coordinator - Graham Matthew
Walking coordinator - Alice Jones
Ordinary Member - Social Media - Graham Jones
Ordinary Member - Madeleine Nowak

Thanks to all our new committee members for volunteering/giving in to peer pressure, you are stars :mrgreen: