Tan-Y-Garth, 24th-25th February

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks
DavidPonting
Active Site Member

Tan-Y-Garth, 24th-25th February

Post by DavidPonting »

We have 20 - edit: 21 - places available on the alpine bunks in this forest-girt hut on the outskirts of Capel Curig in glorious Snowdonia! Moel Siabod out the back of the hut, a short drive to any of the three main mountain ranges of Snowdonia - Snowdon massif, Glyderau and Carneddau are all within striking distance.

The hut is one of our favourites for this time of year, with a comfy lounge and roaring gas fire, a pub showing the Six Nations (Wales-England... 8) ) just down the road for those cheeky post-walk pints, and a kitchen perfect for cooking a big communal meal in!

Booking opens on the 24th January (details here viewtopic.php?t=6575), and post up below for psyche, lift shares (please share as much as possible and in small cars only; there are some close-spaced trees to squeeze between and a relatively small car park) and communal meal ideas

1. David P
2. Tayah
3. Dan A
5. Luke J
6. Maddie
7. Tom G
8. Harriet
9. Helen B
10. Dave C
11. JR
12. Dixy
13. Amy
14. Graham M
15. John A
18. Alice J
20. Ben C
21. Will S
Master of Ceremonies
DavidPonting
Active Site Member

Re: Tan-Y-Garth, 24th-25th February

Post by DavidPonting »

Lift shares - please post up; there are 6 spaces marked on the map I've been sent, though I know from experience we can squeeze a couple more cars in blocking people in, but no-one should travel alone!

1. Graham, Ben C (space for 1 more)
2. John, David P, Harriet - (“the pudding wagon”!) Friday morning, doing Y Garn or similar when we get there.
3. Will S, Dave C, Tom G - Farsley area (space for 1 more)
4. JR, Luke, Alice - Shipley/Bingley
5. Helen, Dixy
6. Dan, Tayah
7. Maddie, Amy (space for 1 more)
Master of Ceremonies
JR
Active Site Member

Post by JR »

Italian?

On the subject of cars - just how many spaces are there?

Can we please try and get more than 2 people (and DEFINITELY no instance of only one person) in each vehicle this time please?

JR.
crawf

Post by crawf »

I'd be happy to drive again, can offer 4 pax from Leeds area.

On food, I'm happy to do my Sweet Potato Dhal enough to feed everyone. It's veggie/vegan too, but tasty enough for the carnivores!
Ben C
DavidPonting
Active Site Member

Post by DavidPonting »

There will in fact be a ballot tonight - there are now more people signed up than places... The places of those who signed up before today are safe; those that signed up today can find out who got the last space by logging in to the website after midnight; I'll update this thread when I wake up!

As there will be a reserve list, can those that have spaces please pay up ASAP if you haven't already done so.
Master of Ceremonies
Will S
Active Site Member

Post by Will S »

DavidPonting wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:59 pm There will in fact be a ballot tonight - there are now more people signed up than places... The places of those who signed up before today are safe; those that signed up today can find out who got the last space by logging in to the website after midnight; I'll update this thread when I wake up!

As there will be a reserve list, can those that have spaces please pay up ASAP if you haven't already done so.
Hi David,

I've just withdrawn my place so please give it to Ben.

I may come over and hang out but stay at the CC hut if that's ok? or could I go on a reserve list in case a space frees up.
DavidPonting
Active Site Member

Post by DavidPonting »

Will S wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:05 pm
DavidPonting wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:59 pm There will in fact be a ballot tonight - there are now more people signed up than places... The places of those who signed up before today are safe; those that signed up today can find out who got the last space by logging in to the website after midnight; I'll update this thread when I wake up!

Hi David,

I've just withdrawn my place so please give it to Ben.

I may come over and hang out but stay at the CC hut if that's ok? or could I go on a reserve list in case a space frees up.
that's really kind of you Will, thanks! Coming over and staying at the CC hut and hanging out would be fine, as would going on the reserve list for this meet - your call.
Master of Ceremonies
DavidPonting
Active Site Member

Post by DavidPonting »

crawf wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:39 pm On food, I'm happy to do my Sweet Potato Dhal enough to feed everyone. It's veggie/vegan too, but tasty enough for the carnivores!
In the interests of tasting Ben's Sweeet Potato Dhal and the absence of any concrete offers for Italian, I'm going to propose Indian as the theme.

So we need (and open to other suitable ideas) - anyone who hasn't replied yet, volunteers for poppadoms, rice and puddings would be awesome:

Poppadoms -
Chutneys - JR
Rice - Will S
naaaaansss [sic] - Maddie
raita - Dave C
Bhajis etc - Dan/Tayah
An assortment of curries:
1) Sweet potato dhal - Ben
2) Lamb curry with plums - David
3) Halloumi and butternut squash curry - Graham M
4) Palak Paneer - Tom
5) Chickpea curry - Harriet
6) Chicken curry - Luke/Alice

Pudding 1 - tiramisu - John
Pudding 2 -
Pudding 3 -

Who's in for food?
Ben
David
John
Graham
JR
Maddie
Dave C
Tom
Harriet
Will S
Amy
Dan
Tayah
Luke
Alice

Looks like there’s a lot of things to cook on the night - if anyone can pre-cook and bring their dish so it can just be dumped in a pan and reheated, please do! Kitchen space is finite, as are pans and hobs
Master of Ceremonies
huwg

Post by huwg »

I've not done a weekend meet before. How/who/when do I pay?
Looking forward to some welsh rock too.

Foodwise I might end up doing my own as my stomach is tempremental. Always keen to get involved on the pudding front though (seperate belly innit). Caterpillar cake is the classic curry desert right?
Gmatthew

Post by Gmatthew »

I'm def in for food. Could do a hallumi and butternut squash curry.
xphoenix0
Active Site Member

Post by xphoenix0 »

I can organize a desert, (tiramisu) surely not, have recovered from the last one ?. or baji's and pakora's if anyone has a preference.

will be driving from north east Leeds if anyone would like to share a lift.

John
JR
Active Site Member

Post by JR »

Shall I bring some chutneys then?

JR.
Will S
Active Site Member

Post by Will S »

Please can I go on the reserve list for this meet David.

Thanks
Maddie_N

Post by Maddie_N »

I'm in for food - I can bring naaaaansss
Dave C
Active Site Member

Post by Dave C »

I will make a kachumba salad.
Chopped tomatoes, cucumber and onions, etc.