Alex Mac hut, Ballachulish, 10th-11th February

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks
DavidPonting
Active Site Member

Alex Mac hut, Ballachulish, 10th-11th February

Post by DavidPonting »

Yes, that's right, it's time for booking to open for our next Scottish jaunt! We have 8 places available in the incredible Alex Mac hut (https://www.mountaineering.scot/clubs/h ... -macintyre) in Ballachulish, and I'm really looking forward to getting up to Glencoe again! The hut website says £20 pppn; however, Helen booked us early enough that things are rather cheaper - though still more than the £12 pppn we're actually charging you, i.e. £24 in total - so let's fill this hut and make great use of this great discount!

Post up with plans, psyche, meal ideas, transport, or even random observations if you think it necessary... booking opens January 10th!

I have (currently - I can move these around) the Friday and Monday off, so can leave crack-of-dawn on Friday to get a cheeky afternoon's adventure in. I may also be extending the trip in terms of nights, visiting relatives, so will have to update about transport plans (it might be I can offer lifts one way only). Post up with your plans!

1. David Ponting
2. Joey
3. JR
4. Matthew Knight
Master of Ceremonies
DavidPonting
Active Site Member

Re: Alex Mac hut, Ballachulish, 10th-11th February

Post by DavidPonting »

How to book on meets with the new system!

viewtopic.php?t=6575
Master of Ceremonies
DavidPonting
Active Site Member

Post by DavidPonting »

bump! Do sign up ASAP rather than last minute so we can plot things like lift-sharing...
Master of Ceremonies
DavidPonting
Active Site Member

Post by DavidPonting »

Travel:

I'm extending my trip until Tuesday - travelling up Friday daytime (leaving ~9AM), coming back Tuesday daytime (probably ~10AM), but not staying in the hut Sun/Mon nights (visiting relatives nearby). Expect I'll be travelling alone as a result, but if anyone can match those times and is happy to be at the hut car-less, can offer a space.

What are others doing?

------------------

Food:

I know there aren't many of us, but any thoughts for a communal meal - could do something that is harder to achieve with a larger group - or shall we try and book a table at the Clachaig?
Master of Ceremonies
DavidPonting
Active Site Member

Post by DavidPonting »

I know I'm being awkward and travelling separately, but for the rest of you, don't forget to sort transport!
Master of Ceremonies
JR
Active Site Member

Post by JR »

RE transport - my options are limited by the fact that I need to be back for Monday, but I can take Friday afternoon off - if I was driving I'd be leaving between 2 and 3 PM to time it to avoid Glasgow rush hour.

JR.
joeytalbot

Post by joeytalbot »

I can't drive as my van still needs repair, so I'm looking for a lift. I can leave Friday morning. Going back Monday might be OK, Tuesday is pushing it!