MOVED TO SUNDAY 2nd - Froggatt - Climbing Meet

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks
SarahMcC

MOVED TO SUNDAY 2nd - Froggatt - Climbing Meet

Post by SarahMcC »

Meet moved to Sunday 2nd April

The clocks have gone forwards/backwards/round and round, it's officially spring and the first club climbing day meet of the season at lovely Froggatt in the Peak.

Summat for everyone to have a go at this sheltered trad crag and the weather's not looking too shabby either at the moment. UKC crag info can be found here: https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag ... shire-22/

I'm aiming to get there between 9:30-10:00 to bag a parking space in the layby: https://goo.gl/maps/ErTjS1ojXYorrhJU9
or alternatively Haywood NT car park: https://goo.gl/maps/DQJgqGeXNhhgdCAt8

As this is a climbing meet, please come equipped with your own helmet, harness, shoes and the ability to belay a lead climber.

Post up below if you fancy joining so we can arrange lift shares, partners and who's bringing cake etc.

So far still braving it on Sunday (apologies if I've missed anyone):

1. Sarah Mc
2. Sophie S
3. Kitty
4. Steph
5. Steve C
6. Matt E
7. Will S
8. Chris
9. Matt K
10. Lukasz
11. Ian
12. Ash ?
Last edited by SarahMcC on Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
arb82

Re: Saturday April 1st - Froggatt - Climbing Meet

Post by arb82 »

I'm up for this and hoping for decent weather. Will be traveling from Pontefract, so usually A1 > M18. But could go M62 > M1 if that helps anyone with transport?
SarahS
Active Site Member

Post by SarahS »

Keen if the weather gods are kind. Happy to convoy with you Sarah 8)
Not led in a while so keen to buddy up with a leader until my lead head comes back. Will bring cake as payment. :mrgreen:
Also if weather is pap keen to do some wall tourism.

As you can tell, I am keen.
Ssjenks

Post by Ssjenks »

Hello,

I'd love to come along on Saturday - I have lead belayed BUT would be very much keen for a refresh and to go in a three for the day.

I'll be bringing my very old greyhound 'Fallon' too, and will have one free space if anyone needs a lift.

Sx
DavidPonting
Active Site Member

Post by DavidPonting »

edit - going to have to bail despite the improving forecast…
Master of Ceremonies
kittydowry

Post by kittydowry »

I am keen for this if the weather playing ball!

Based in Horsforth if anyone coming from that way happy to give or take lift!
Last edited by kittydowry on Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graham J

Post by Graham J »

If the weather plays nice, I'm there!

I'd like a lift please as Pepe le Puma is out of action.
Relliott

Post by Relliott »

I'd be keen to join if the weather holds up! I've been to a couple of Tuesday sessions but only managed to speak to a handful of people, so would be good to meet more people :) I haven't paid subs yet but happy to do so this week.

I have a rack and also cool to give lifts if required. I'll be driving from Headingley.

Rosi :)
SarahS
Active Site Member

Post by SarahS »

kittydowry wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:44 am I am keen for this if the weather playing ball!

Based in Horsforth if anyone coming from that way happy to give or take lift!
Happy to have you convoy on the Sarah bus if you can get down to mine in Farsley :D

...if I bring the van I can offer tea and coffee for a minimal fee... :wink: :twisted:
Cashurst

Post by Cashurst »

Hi guys, I’d be keen to join on this if the weather looks like a win.

New to the club but have been climbing with a couple members previously.

Full set of gear and would be driving from York if there is the potential there to buddy up with anybody 😎.

Chris
arb82

Post by arb82 »

Hi Chris
You might pass my house (DN14 0NF) from York. I’m happy driving too if you want to leave your car here.
Ash

Cashurst wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:30 pm Hi guys, I’d be keen to join on this if the weather looks like a win.

Full set of gear and would be driving from York if there is the potential there to buddy up with anybody 😎.

Chris
Cashurst

Post by Cashurst »

That would be great Ash, can certainly drive that way and happy to chip in for fuel if you do the rest 🙏.

arb82 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:47 pm Hi Chris
You might pass my house (DN14 0NF) from York. I’m happy driving too if you want to leave your car here.
Ash

Cashurst wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:30 pm Hi guys, I’d be keen to join on this if the weather looks like a win.

Chris
arb82

Post by arb82 »

Perfect. Drop me a line and we’ll sort the details. 07525 206638.
Cashurst wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:06 pm That would be great Ash, can certainly drive that way and happy to chip in for fuel if you do the rest 🙏.

Ash

Chris
Cashurst wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:06 pm That would be great Ash, can certainly drive that way and happy to chip in for fuel if you do the rest 🙏.

Ash

Chris
matthewokk

Post by matthewokk »

Keen for this although Sunday increasingly looks like the better day?
going from Leeds city centre, happy to offer lifts, comfortable leading, have a rack although only a single rope so would prefer to have a less fear-filled day on halves if anyone is keen to buddy up.

matthew
corky
Active Site Member

Post by corky »

The forecast for the weekend is dreadful, 70mph winds, horizontal rain, plagues of frogs, Geordies wondering if they might put a coat on. (Some of this may be made up).
Either way I'm keen to do something, free either day, I don't really want to flog down to the Peak if it's going to be a non starter, though I'd be up for a speculative trip to Almscliffe on the basis that you haven't wasted too much time if you get rained off. Hgate wall would be a suitable Plan B, either way. Any thoughts?
Every day I wake up and think "I'm not in Hull any more" and the world is a happy place.