Llamberis Camping Meet 9th-10th June 2023

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks
hewood

Re: Llamberis Camping Meet 9th-10th June 2023

Post by hewood »

I'll be coming along, keen for some hiking/scrambling/quarry action. Hopefully heading Friday morning if work/weather is looking kind
Sambo

Post by Sambo »

So I'm coming up with a basic plan for when I'm in Wales. I'm planning on heading up Thursday evening and coming back on Sunday for those heading up a bit earlier.

Friday I plan to head to Llyn Padarn to do some paddle boarding. Saturday I'll be doing a big walk somewhere in local area. I haven't decided where but it won't be Snowden as I've done it too many times. Sunday will probably be another walk or maybe an explore of the slate quarries. I'm thinking of cooking most of the time but might head to the Vaynol Arms Saturday night for food.

I realise some people might not know what I look like, so when you get to the site, look for my black Landrover Freelander 2 and I have a blue 4 man tent (I think it's Vango). I'll also have my 2 year old black lab with me Arlo. He's very friendly but might bark at you out of excitement to meet new people :P

I have spoken to the site today and they have asked that I am the only point of contact for payment, so please just drop the money off with me and I'll take it up. It's £10 per night and don't forget to bring coins for the showers.

Any questions, please send me a message on Face book or I'm sure you can ask around for my number. Looking forward to an awesome weekend!

Sam
SarahS
Active Site Member

Post by SarahS »

Just a polite reminder that to attend this meet you will need to have paid your subs for 2023 :)

https://www.leedsmc.org/pay

Bank transfer details are in the private section
SophiaNicholls

Post by SophiaNicholls »

Hi all, I am so sorry but I am unable to attend this meet now.

Have a truly epic weekend. I will see you on the next trips!

Thank you,

Sophia Nicholls
JR
Active Site Member

Post by JR »

Current plan is that I give Clare A a lift over Friday morning. There's a good chance John Watson will also be free on Friday too. We could hit the quarries and climb (out of the sun!) on Friday afternoon.
John and I then have a vague plan for somewhere in the Pass on Saturday, though another option could be Rhoscolyn. Not sure about Sunday.

Weather's most likely to be fairly warm and sunny, with (currently) the outside chance of heavy afternoon showers on Sunday specifically.

I'm still intending on staying in the CC hut further up the pass, but will pop down to the campsite at least one evening.

JR.
Ssjenks

Post by Ssjenks »

Hello!

I'm keen to join in this trip. I'll be staying Friday/Sat heading back Sunday and very happy to give someone a lift.

I'll also be bringing Fallon (very old sleepy dog). I'll be doing some easy walks with F-dog, but would be interested in getting some climbing in and maybe a swim if Fallon can make the walk in.

Thanks for organising - Sam, when and how do you need paying?

Steph :)
Sambo

Post by Sambo »

All sounds good. Shame you're not able to come along though Sophie. My current plan is to head up Thursday lunch time now as I was supposed to be working a night shift Wednesday night but I've taken annual leave.

I think the best thing Steph will be to hand me the money when you arrive, and i'll take it up to them once everybody arrives. Looking forward to meeting Fallon. I believe Pete's brining his dog too.

Sam
Sambo

Post by Sambo »

I’ll be bringing along a fire pit and some wood, but it people wouldn’t mind bringing some extra wood, it would be greatly appreciated.

Sam
JR
Active Site Member

Post by JR »

Plans update: John and I will head to upper Australia on Friday afternoon.
Given Saturday's current forecast, we'll then head to Holyhead (probably Rhoscolyn, the Range etc).
Hopefully it'll be dry enough to climb in the pass on Sunday when it's calmed down a bit!

Hope to pop into the campsite to say hi on Friday evening at the very least.

JR.
JR
Active Site Member

Post by JR »

Btw - I've just been informed that the 'Slateman' triathalon will be held on the 10th, i.e. this Saturday, which means that the pass will be shut from at least 8.30am to 12.30 pm from Nant Peris to PyG hotel.

Please see here: https://alwaysaimhighevents.com/events/ ... nformation

JR.
tmguilfoyle89

Post by tmguilfoyle89 »

Hi all,

Sorry to let down last minute but given the iffy forecast on the west coast I'm going to bail on this meet. If there is any impact on camping costs do let me know and I can still make up the difference, but I'll be opting for the warmer ends of Yorkshire this weekend.

Hope it's a good one and you prove me wrong!

Cheers,
Tom
Sambo

Post by Sambo »

Spoke to the campsite JR and apparently there will be no road closures.

For everyone arriving tomorrow, I’m camped next to the cemetery in a sky blue tent. I’ll attach a piece of red and white hazard tape to one of the guide ropes so that it’s easy to spot.

Sam
Sally

Post by Sally »

Hi, would it be okay if I arrived late Friday ir Saturday morning ? Also how do I pay for the camping and is it the same price if 2 people are sharing a rent. Sorry for the. Late communications as I have been so busy.
Sally

Post by Sally »

Also if anyone needs a lift from Leeds or Sheffield on the Friday evening, potentially Saturday morning let me know. I have room for 2
Sambo

Post by Sambo »

Hey Sally. I think you pay per person so it doesn’t matter how many you’ve got in a tent. Don’t worry about when to pay, you can just do it Saturday morning.

Fantastic weather around Llanberis today, but sadly a bit too windy for paddleboarding so I’ve had to switch plans.

Sam