Tan Y Garth 22nd-23rd March 2019

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks
Lindsay M
Active Site Member

Re: Tan Y Garth 22nd-23rd March 2019

Post by Lindsay M »

I will probably arrive at the hut between 9 and 10 on Friday evening - if anyone is going to be there earlier please contact myself or Karl for access info
andymay
Active Site Member

Post by andymay »

Lindsay M wrote:I will probably arrive at the hut between 9 and 10 on Friday evening - if anyone is going to be there earlier please contact myself or Karl for access info
Hi Lindsay, I think Luke and myself will probably be there earlier.
Could you text or PM me the entry details

Andy
CathS
Active Site Member

Post by CathS »

Hi Lindsey - I am also a late addition to the meet (arriving tomorrow - see Facebook post) if you could pm me the hut access arrangements too please.

Thanks
Cath
andymay
Active Site Member

Post by andymay »

CathS wrote:Hi Lindsey - I am also a late addition to the meet (arriving tomorrow - see Facebook post) if you could pm me the hut access arrangements too please.

Thanks
Cath
Are you sure you have the right meet?

Sorry, just read karls post
Kharrison23

Post by Kharrison23 »

andymay wrote:
Are you sure you have the right meet?
Cruel words from the so-called 'membership scretary of the people for the people'
Kharrison23

Post by Kharrison23 »

Awesome meet. Thanks to everyone for making it so special!

Karl
Claire T
Active Site Member

Post by Claire T »

Great weekend! Thanks all.

Any chance that someone picked up a pair of lightweight black waterproof trousers from the entrance hallway? Think they were Berghaus. Think I left them.
Lindsay M
Active Site Member

Post by Lindsay M »

Following our previous visit to Tan Y Garth, when it didn't stop raining once and the wind would have blown your head off but Ireland salvaged the situation by beating England in the Six Nations (I fear it was just me that enjoyed that), we headed back this weekend with a much more favourable forecast. Friday evening was spent bonding over "A Question of Pop" with Quizmaster Luke and drinks before heading to bed to get in some much needed sleep.

Saturday morning dawned and the intrepid adventurers awoke to make plans for the day. In celebration of Karl's 29th birthday, he and Luke set off to tackle the 29th route in his guidebook which turned out to be Bilberry Terrace on Lliwedd. Having half scrambled and half swum to the top, they then continued around the horseshoe in reverse before returning to the hut to change into their fetching birthday celebration shirts in preparation for dinner. John and Toby headed off to Tryfan to do the North Ridge and continue on to the Glyders. After some moments of indecision (mostly on my part) David and I set off hot, or luke warm, on their heels, managing to catch them up at the top of Glyder Fach at lunchtime, which we had ascended via Bristly Ridge led by my newly found navigational/route finding prowess. This turned out to be a much more successful outing than our previous foray on Tryfan (if you haven't already heard the tale, either of us will happily regale you with it over a pint). We then continued along to Glyder Fawr before taking in Y Garn and returning via the Devil's kitchen. The remainder of the group had a lovely "pooch mooch" accompanied by Cusco, covering new territory for most of the group on Moel Siabod.

After the day's activities, a group feast was in order and Karl rustled up some delicious bolognese in "10 or 15 minutes". I provided the veggie alternative, which was served with lots of pasta, garlic bread, salad (thanks Toby and Lisa!) and parmesan, which Luke provided and meticulously grated to the correct consistency, before accidentally destroying the bowl with a stray kitchen utensil. Thankfully, the cheese was successfully salvaged... David provided homemade Tiramisu (definitely not suitable for those intending to drive in the next 3 hours or so) and apple crumble, while John brought cheesecakes and Steve added a cheeseboard. A special mention to the washing up fairies who put in a good shift. With full bellies we headed off to the pub for a quick drink before retiring to the hut for more games before bed.

Sunday morning was sunny and bright so John, David and Toby headed off to take in some more 3000s while the remainder of the group headed to Betws y Coed for a short pooch mooch around the forest before sampling the fare in a local cafe and heading their separate-ish ways back to God's Own County satisfied that another excellent LMC weekend had been had by all.
xphoenix0
Active Site Member

Post by xphoenix0 »

Thanks to all, was a very successful meet, Lindsay you must be a weather fairy !

after spending February in north wales with damp and non mountain condition's,we were well overdue a proper mountain weekend.

Very good food and the company wasn't bad either :lol:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4ly1r14demon ... LGxVa?dl=0

Peaks Bagged for reference :

Saturday :
Tryfan 918m
Glyder Fach 994m
Glyder Fawr 1001m
Y Garn 947m

Sunday :
Drum 688m
Foel-fras 944m
Llwytmor 846m

we may take an attempt a the welsh 3000's later in the year.

https://www.thewhitespider.com/info/wel ... tain-names