Orientbeering social Sunday 11th April

Social events: drinks, curries, slide-shows, lectures etc.
joeytalbot

Orientbeering social Sunday 11th April

Post by joeytalbot »

The sun is shining, the lockdown is easing, and somewhere out in the woods, a bottle of beer lies waiting just for you!

If all goes to plan in terms of national restrictions, we will be able to resume some outdoor events soon, and what better way to kick off than with a seasonal treasure hunt? But this Easter Bunny has a penchant for stronger stuff than chocolate eggs. Yes, it’s the return of Orientbeering.

Orient what?

Ok, here’s the deal. Hidden in the undergrowth of the Otley Chevin lie some stubbies of beer, suitably well wrapped and protected from the attentions of passing squirrels. Armed only with an orienteering map, you and your team must find each of these caches and claim the contents, before making your way to the finishing line where glory awaits. Simples!

We’ll kick off at 2pm on Sunday 11th April from the main car park on the East Chevin Road, near the Red Chili cafe. We can accommodate two teams of 6 people, and entry costs just £3 to cover the cost of the beer. Drivers fear not, non-alcoholic beer can be provided on demand.

Respond to this message to sign up for the event, and please tell us which type of beer you desire. Then get honing those navigational skills!

Team 1:
1. Will S
2. Linzi
3. Dan
4. Luke
5. Alice
6. Helen C

Team 2:
1. David
2. Libby
3. Andy
4. Steve
5. Kate
6. Sara

***UPDATE***

Here are some updates on payments, group size and risk assessment.

1) Payment

Entry costs £3 to cover the cost of the beer. Please pay beforehand if possible. I've added my details in the BB private section for bank transfers, please add your name as a reference. Otherwise, please pay on the day.

2) Group size

I've limited the size of the event to 2 groups of 6. Now the event is risk assessed, there is the option to increase the group size, but I don't want to do this unless we have more volunteers who are willing to help out with the organisation. So if you want to volunteer here's your chance.

3) Risk assessment

Please read the following risk assessment for the event:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1sdp6st3cp6te ... .docx?dl=0

We believe that both the activity and the location will allow for social distancing. But before taking part, please read these guidelines and make sure you follow them:

- Ensure you have given a current phone number on the profile section of the LMC website.
- You agree that LMC can keep a record of your attendance and phone number for 21 days after the meet (this will not be published publicly and deleted after 21 days)
- You must not attend if you feel unwell, and if COVID-19 symptoms develop during the meet you must leave immediately and ensure a leader is informed.
- You must not attend if you are shielding or a member of your household has COVID19 symptoms
- You must inform NHS Test and Trace and the LMC chair if you become unwell with COVID19 symptoms following the meet.
- You must maintain social distancing during the meet and avoid congregating in large groups
- You should avoid touching gates and path furniture unless absolutely necessary.
- You should carry personal hand santiser, first aid kit etc to avoid sharing these items with other participants
- You should not share food and drink with other participants
- Please consider the current government guidance on travel
- Car sharing is not permitted for leisure reasons at this time, please travel by car alone or as a household group. If using public transport to Otley Chevin, you must wear a face covering during the journey. Bonus points if you walk or cycle!
- During the meet please be considerate to other visitors to the Chevin - make way if the path is busy so that social distancing is maintained and do not obstruct the path.
- Please ensure your participation is within your current skill level

We meet at the car park on East Chevin Road (near the Cheerful Chilli) at 2pm. The two groups can set off a few minutes apart from one another.

Please bring a bottle opener!! Also bring cash if you haven't paid yet.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Upper ... -1.6703668
Last edited by joeytalbot on Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:04 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Sarae
Active Site Member

Re: Orientbeering social Sunday 11th April

Post by Sarae »

Me please....is there even such a thing as non alcoholic beer?
DanA

Post by DanA »

Yes please, sounds great! - alcoholic beer for me.
joeytalbot

Post by joeytalbot »

Sara and Dan you're both on the list, and yes, there is such a thing as non-alcoholic beer, but it sounds like you want nothing to do with it :lol:
andymay
Active Site Member

Post by andymay »

Me please
Stevo

Post by Stevo »

Count me in!
joeytalbot

Post by joeytalbot »

Andy and Steve, what kind of beer will you drink?
Luke J

Post by Luke J »

Alice and I would like to join, please. Beer for us, thanks.
Helen C
Active Site Member

Post by Helen C »

Count me in as well please.
joeytalbot

Post by joeytalbot »

Luke, Alice and Helen - you're in!

So far it's alcohol for all :P
Sarae
Active Site Member

Post by Sarae »

Yipee.....looking forward to it!
Thanks Mr Joey.
Marq
Active Site Member

Post by Marq »

Can Vicky and I come along as well. Could Vicky have alcohol free and caffeine free option please eg San Pellegrino? I'll be on the beer!
Thanks
Marq
Andy_G
Active Site Member

Post by Andy_G »

Can I join in please. :) Beer for me.
Claire T
Active Site Member

Post by Claire T »

Looks like I've missed the boat as the 2 teams are full but I may accidentally appear for a dog walk on the chevin at the same time and might even bring my own beer!
joeytalbot

Post by joeytalbot »

Claire T wrote:Looks like I've missed the boat as the 2 teams are full but I may accidentally appear for a dog walk on the chevin at the same time and might even bring my own beer!
Yes it's full now, but maybe we will spot you!