Shipley Glen Evening Meet - 6th April

Topics related to evening meets, including indoor and outdoor evening climbing meets
Peter

Re: Shipley Glen Evening Meet - 6th April

Post by Peter »

Lindsay M wrote:
Peter wrote:I'm in :), I've not been before and don't have anyone's contact details. Is it fairly easy to find?
It's fairly easy :)

Parking at https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/53.85 ... m2!4m1!3e0

The parking is right above the "John" area (https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag ... oved_arete), the way down is obvious once you're stood above it.

I'll hang around there once I arrive, aiming for 5:30pm. I have an obnoxiously large green "Moon" bouldering mat and will be dressed in approximately 12 layers of clothing.
Thanks, don't hang around - I won't be there until 6:15. I'll use your links and try and find a group of people. Hopefully the weather forecast is wrong because otherwise the rock will be soaked.
JR
Active Site Member

Post by JR »

Don't worry, it's mainly snow at the moment, rather than rain... :roll: :wink:

It's not 'sticking' and my spies are reporting that the rock dries out very quickly.

It also looks like the showers will die out as the evening progresses, so I reckon we should be ok... ish.

JR.
Rose Mather

Post by Rose Mather »

I'm on route. See you there
JR
Active Site Member

Post by JR »

Cheers everyone! We prevailed and it stayed dry (and the rock was dry too). Wasn't even *that* cold... :wink:

JR.
Kharrison23

Post by Kharrison23 »

High friction, high psyche night, thanks guys!

Great to see everyone and I hope you all thawed out, definitely heard someone mention returning home to a hot chocolate :)

Karl
Lindsay M
Active Site Member

Post by Lindsay M »

Kharrison23 wrote:High friction, high psyche night, thanks guys!

Great to see everyone and I hope you all thawed out, definitely heard someone mention returning home to a hot chocolate :)

Karl
I did indeed return home to a hot chocolate having had my posterior very much handed back to me by Hidden Gem, Lemur C and Leaper Traverse. Standard.
SarahS
Active Site Member

Post by SarahS »

Lindsay M wrote:
Kharrison23 wrote:High friction, high psyche night, thanks guys!

Karl
I did indeed return home to a hot chocolate having had my posterior very much handed back to me by Hidden Gem, Lemur C and Leaper Traverse. Standard.
Classic night at Shipley then :mrgreen: