Attermire Scar - Climb, Swim + Pub - Sat 5th June

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks
francesadamson

Re: Attermire Scar - Climb, Swim + Pub - Sat 5th June

Post by francesadamson »

Hey there, I'd definitely be keen to come along if you could mark me down. Are there any prerquisites on experience?
I.e do you have to be able to lead. Not sure how the meets work as I've not been on any yet.
Lindsay M
Active Site Member

Post by Lindsay M »

You don't need to be able to lead, just be able to tie in and belay. You will need a harness, belay device and carabiner, shoes and we recommend a helmet (we always recommend this but I would really strongly recommend it for limestone as bits do have a tendency to come off!)
Jez Salmon

Post by Jez Salmon »

Hsmith89 so I’m happy just leading VDIFF, SEV, HS, at the moment. My E1’s where many years ago! I’ll bring my own rack and rope etc.

Also looks like i could be a couple of hours late on Saturday. Driving up from Devon, dropping of via Lincoln then Harrogate.

Please let me know (text) where you all will be as not been to this crag before? 07971 308184. Thanks Jez.
EdDrake

Post by EdDrake »

Hi

Please sign me and Heike up to this one too.
Looking forward to it.

Ed
misssasa

Post by misssasa »

Hellooo. Just to let you know in case you're organising leaders/seconders that I've pulled my hamstring climbing at giggleswick yesterday so probably won't be climbing. If its ok, I'd still like to come and can be designated belay :). I'm pretty gutted especially with all this lovely weather!!
Hsmith89

Post by Hsmith89 »

Jez Salmon wrote:Hsmith89 so I’m happy just leading VDIFF, SEV, HS, at the moment. My E1’s where many years ago! I’ll bring my own rack and rope etc.

Also looks like i could be a couple of hours late on Saturday. Driving up from Devon, dropping of via Lincoln then Harrogate.

Please let me know (text) where you all will be as not been to this crag before? 07971 308184. Thanks Jez.
Good stuff Jez, Ive taken your mob down to let you know where we will be.
Hsmith89

Post by Hsmith89 »

EdDrake wrote:Hi

Please sign me and Heike up to this one too.
Looking forward to it.

Ed
Done and Done!
Hsmith89

Post by Hsmith89 »

misssasa wrote:Hellooo. Just to let you know in case you're organising leaders/seconders that I've pulled my hamstring climbing at giggleswick yesterday so probably won't be climbing. If its ok, I'd still like to come and can be designated belay :). I'm pretty gutted especially with all this lovely weather!!
Sorry to hear about your hamstring, most welcome to still attend!
JR
Active Site Member

Post by JR »

So - given that Attermire Scars is a large area - who wants to go to what bit? Who wants to go to the trad & who wants to go to the sport area? And with the latter, who knows how to rethread a belay?

On the transport front is that it looks like the A629 is shut Sat & Sun @ the end of the bypass near Farnhill and Crosshills - the diversion is interrupted by a level crossing so expect chaos and big queues if you are coming from that direction.

Cheers,

JR.
EdDrake

Post by EdDrake »

Heike and I will be heading to Moonshine / Gorgon / Windy buttresses for some bolt clipping. We were there last week and most of the sport routes seemed to have karabiners for the lower-offs but there were still some that needed to be re-threaded. Happy to have anyone join us.

Cheers

Ed
Hsmith89

Post by Hsmith89 »

Hi Ed, Im keen to start in at Moonshine too then check out the Escarpment area I think afterward (Lefthand, Gorgon and Central). Ive never been before so will be great to climb nearby to start with to speed up route finding.

Will you be parking at the upper or lower parking spot?
Hsmith89

Post by Hsmith89 »

JR wrote:So - given that Attermire Scars is a large area - who wants to go to what bit? Who wants to go to the trad & who wants to go to the sport area? And with the latter, who knows how to rethread a belay?

On the transport front is that it looks like the A629 is shut Sat & Sun @ the end of the bypass near Farnhill and Crosshills - the diversion is interrupted by a level crossing so expect chaos and big queues if you are coming from that direction.

Cheers,

JR.
Surely nobody coming from that direction but useful information I guess :lol:
Julie123

Post by Julie123 »

Please can I join!
Julie123

Post by Julie123 »

Please can I join!!
Hsmith89