Attermire Scar - Climb, Swim + Pub - Sat 5th June

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks
JR
Active Site Member

Re: Attermire Scar - Climb, Swim + Pub - Sat 5th June

Post by JR »

Unfortunately I would normlly be coming exactly that way!

Note for everyone, if you're planning on heading to the sport on the Escarpment, regardless of which place you park, the easiest approach takes you along under Windy Buttress first - traipsing straight up the scree slope under Moonshine cannot be recomended!!!!!

I'm specifically after checking the newer routes around Attermire Arete to get the grades a bit more settled, plus I've been recommended Birthday Groove.

I've got a hand-written routes list... which I've just discovered is out of date again! :roll:

JR.
EdDrake

Post by EdDrake »

Hi Hayley

We walked in from the south before (more south east of Settle than north east of Langcliffe) but I'm not sure if that's what you're referring to as the lower parking spot. However, we're happy to meet wherever so let me know where you're heading and we can meet you there at 10am. We had a good time on Moodshine and Gorgon buttresses so happy to share what we know.

Ed
Hsmith89

Post by Hsmith89 »

JR wrote:Unfortunately I would normlly be coming exactly that way!

Note for everyone, if you're planning on heading to the sport on the Escarpment, regardless of which place you park, the easiest approach takes you along under Windy Buttress first - traipsing straight up the scree slope under Moonshine cannot be recomended!!!!!

I'm specifically after checking the newer routes around Attermire Arete to get the grades a bit more settled, plus I've been recommended Birthday Groove.

I've got a hand-written routes list... which I've just discovered is out of date again! :roll:

JR.
Oh dammit! Guess an early set off for you then to re route. Looking forward to visiting a new venue!
Hsmith89

Post by Hsmith89 »

EdDrake wrote:Hi Hayley

We walked in from the south before (more south east of Settle than north east of Langcliffe) but I'm not sure if that's what you're referring to as the lower parking spot. However, we're happy to meet wherever so let me know where you're heading and we can meet you there at 10am. We had a good time on Moodshine and Gorgon buttresses so happy to share what we know.

Ed
Ive added the two Google Map Pins for parking that were out of the Yorkshire Limestone guidebook to first post. I will be aiming for the spot via langcliffe for 10am if that works for you?

I'll be in a silver Peugeot 207.
Stevo

Post by Stevo »

I hope to be able to join this meet if that's okay :)
Hsmith89

Post by Hsmith89 »

Stevo wrote:I hope to be able to join this meet if that's okay :)
Absolutely will be good to have you along!
EdDrake

Post by EdDrake »

Hsmith89 wrote:
EdDrake wrote:Hi Hayley

Ed
Ive added the two Google Map Pins for parking that were out of the Yorkshire Limestone guidebook to first post. I will be aiming for the spot via langcliffe for 10am if that works for you?

I'll be in a silver Peugeot 207.
Yep, we'll see you at the upper parking spot at 10am. I'm not sure what the rules are around posting phone numbers on here but happy to do so if that would help.
Looking forward to it.

Ed
misssasa

Post by misssasa »

Sorry to do this but i have really messed my leg up and can't really walk at normal pace. I think i need time to heal so won't be coming :cry: Have a lovely time!
Hsmith89

Post by Hsmith89 »

Got your number Ed, will drop you a message.

Get well soon Sally, take it easy!
JR
Active Site Member

Post by JR »

Hayley: I suspect I'll be travelling via Ilkley!

JR.
Maddie_N

Post by Maddie_N »

Hey, are we meeting in the carpark at 10? I've only just realised there are more pages to this meet thread! I dont mind doing sport or trad but dont have my own rack!
Anna

Post by Anna »

Hello,
Bit late notice but it would be great if I could join you as a new member or rejoining member (I did come to a few meets some years ago). I have completed the application form but still need to pay membership fees which I plan to do after a meet or two. I'm happy leading 5s in sport and some well chosen 6s.
Thanks!
Anna
Hsmith89

Post by Hsmith89 »

Maddie_N wrote:Hey, are we meeting in the carpark at 10? I've only just realised there are more pages to this meet thread! I dont mind doing sport or trad but dont have my own rack!
We have gear you can use Maddie, I reckon most will be doing sport. Yes carpark for 10am, text me if your running late, I will message you.
Hsmith89

Post by Hsmith89 »

Anna wrote:Hello,
Bit late notice but it would be great if I could join you as a new member or rejoining member (I did come to a few meets some years ago). I have completed the application form but still need to pay membership fees which I plan to do after a meet or two. I'm happy leading 5s in sport and some well chosen 6s.
Thanks!
Anna
Yes Anna, come along the more the merrier. There are a 5s and some 6s Ive got my eye on too.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Very sad but I will have to cancel :cry: as I can't use the car anymore. Next meet I will be there! Sorry