LMC Instagram needs you

General discussion about anything not covered above.
DixyM

LMC Instagram needs you

Post by DixyM »

Good morning,
My name is Dixy, one of your new "ordinary members" on the committee. I have been put in charge of the LMC social media, primarily Instagram and Twitter; I will be working alongside our Comms sec David Ponting and the rest of the committee. I have lots of ideas to build on the great work of my predecessors Lindsay and Joey, in order to help raise the engagement levels of our social media and consequently raise engagement with the LMC. In order to do what I hope to do I need your help. But first, here are some of the ideas I have in mind.

-LMC Member engagement. Our social media accounts are a platform for you, the LMC. So if you make a post/story on your Instagram or Twitter that you are excited about, we want to share in your excitement. So we are encouraging you to tag us or mention us, or even collaborate with us (using the new collaboration tool on Instagram posts). That way you will be able to share your content with the rest of the LMC and beyond.

-Throwback Thursdays. As the name suggests, every Thursday we will make a post looking back at a past event in the LMC.

-Post meet post. A post with highlights of the recent meets.

-Announcement stories. I would like to utilise the story feature on Instagram to make announcements of upcoming meets and events. So Instagram and Twitter will be another way for you to keep up to date with the club.

-Sharing and tagging other mountaineering accounts. We would also like to engage with other mountaineering accounts ranging from other mountaineering clubs to the local climbing walls. The motivation for this is two-fold; we would like to bring items of interest to you, and secondly, we want to foster relationships with other mountaineering communities.

-Member highlights. Now and then we would like to make a post to recognise our members. So if you've recently done something you're particularly proud of and want to share, let us know and we will highlight you.

-Other ideas. Beta videos.

How can you help?

Sharing your photos and videos with us. We are in the process of coming up with a file-sharing solution for you to share content with us which we can use for our social media pages. More information on this when it's ready.

Engagement is the buzzword for this year. It helps us a lot when you like, comment, or share our posts. So if you like something we post, hit the like button.

If you have any ideas or thoughts on the above, let me know below in the comments.

Dixy.
Hsmith89

Re: LMC Instagram needs you

Post by Hsmith89 »

Sounds ace Dixy. You sure your not a profesh social media manager...!? Looking forward to seeing insta on fire.
SarahS
Active Site Member

Post by SarahS »

I know right he's taking his role so seriously I feel bad that he's not getting paid :lol:
DixyM

Post by DixyM »

What do you mean I'm not getting paid?! :( :shock:
SarahS
Active Site Member

Post by SarahS »

DixyM wrote:What do you mean I'm not getting paid?! :( :shock:
Cheques in the mail. Honest.