Lagangarbh 2022/03/18-21

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks
JR
Active Site Member

Re: Lagangarbh 2022/03/18-21

Post by JR »

Although I might be tempting fate (!) I'm not really seeing wintery signals for next w/e - very much spring-like instead!

Might be worth taking trad gear for the Polldubh crags at this rate!

JR.

(or should that be J-WIS?)
JR
Active Site Member

Post by JR »

RE car shares - the obvious one is myself and Penny - leaving early afternoon on Friday.
Could fit more in if people could get over in time?

One extra if I take my skis, two more if not.

JR.
TayRex

Post by TayRex »

Clachaig entertainment Saturday night. https://clachaig.com/whats-on/?whatson_id=8656

Let me know if you would like me to book a table for food
TayRex

Post by TayRex »

Any takers for communal meals? Since I'm out of action, I'm happy to cook a couple of vegan curries one night . Let me know who's interested and if anyone wants to contribute sides/ other dishes:
Bahji / pakora
Rice
Naan
Popadum
Pickles
SteveM
Active Site Member

Post by SteveM »

Can you add me to the reserve list please?

Keen for winter routes. Conditions and forecast looking good at the moment :-)

Cheers
Steve M
Will S
Active Site Member

Post by Will S »

TayRex wrote:Any takers for communal meals? Since I'm out of action, I'm happy to cook a couple of vegan curries one night . Let me know who's interested and if anyone wants to contribute sides/ other dishes:
Bahji / pakora
Rice
Naan
Popadum
Pickles
Yeah would be keen to get involved with a communal meal and happy to bring whatever. How come you are out of action?
Paul Sp

Post by Paul Sp »

The SMC website includes the following "Parking for the hut depends on the state of the track leading off south from the A82 at Altnafeadh. If this track is not navigable by car, park in the layby on the opposite (north) side of the A82. Follow the track to the River Coupall, take the footbridge and follow the subsequent path -briefly- to the hut."

I haven’t been to the hut for a couple of years but my experience is that the track down to the hut can be challenging for ordinary cars and isn’t one that I would tackle in the dark. There are however usually plenty of spaces either in the lay-by or at the top of the track. These can be busy during the day, particularly on Saturday and Sunday, as its the main route to Buachhaille Etive Mor but should be OK later on Friday.

I’d recommend that everyone should pack for a walk in with head torches handy
JR
Active Site Member

Post by JR »

Paul - whereabouts are you based, given you've got one more space in the car - we appear to have some looming logistics problems.

JR.
AmyF

Post by AmyF »

I made a massive boob and didn't realise I needed to book Tuesday off, so heading back Monday evening. I have a full car on the way there but happy to give anyone a lift also wanting to go home Monday evening...? Just let me know
TayRex

Post by TayRex »

Have just updated first message:

Anybody with a high wheeled vehicle will get down the track. All other vehicles should park in the lay by.

For Key code info: see private section of BB
Paul Sp

Post by Paul Sp »

I live north Leeds in Slaid Hill between Shadwell & Alwoodley
Paul Sp

Post by Paul Sp »

I'm posting this note to remind anyone attending the Lagangarbh meet this weekend that Scotland have different Covid restrictions to those in England. In particular mask wearing is still required in shops and on entering some hospitality venues, but masks aren't required when eating and drinking. Scotland also say that proof of vaccines may be required by some venues. The Scottish Government is meeting today but this is expected to only to consider a possible relaxation from 21 March at the end of our trip.

I will post more details once I've seen latest Scottish requirements
Lesley H

Post by Lesley H »

Gutted but I have to duck out as spent overnight and time with my mum who has today tested +ve. I'm -ve but Govt guidance is not to spend time in close spaces. Rules out joining a hut meet pretty much I think...... Sorry folks but have a great time - the weather looks fab!
Lesley H

Post by Lesley H »

PS I see there are reserves but not sure who "Joey" (top of list is?) to make contact.
Reserves
Joey (cheque)
Charlotte Russell (note)
Steve M (note)

So if anyone is able to contact reserves to let them know there is a spare place - the weather is too good for someone not to fill it.
Thanks.
JR
Active Site Member

Post by JR »

Sorry to hear that Lesley.

I'll post on the facebook feed about this.

The meet leader is already on her way to Scotland, so probably won't have seen this yet.

JR.