Caley Bouldering 29th March

Topics related to evening meets, including indoor and outdoor evening climbing meets
DavidPonting
Active Site Member

Re: Caley Bouldering 29th March

Post by DavidPonting »

Sally wrote:Hi all, is the bouldering still happening since the weather isn’t great? Also it will be my first meet so I need to bring anything other than shoes and chalk :)
Hi Sally,

it is indeed - forecast is for it to be dry, if cool, and even a brief glimmer of sun later...

Shoes and chalk would be a distinct advantage - that said, if you have a mat do bring it - and enough warm layers to stand around in.

There are also, as far as I'm aware, a few spaces for the curry - do shout if you want one of those!

Lastly but very importantly, please sign up on the website (here: https://www.leedsmc.org/benefits ) if you haven't already, so that you are covered by our insurance
Master of Ceremonies
Sally

Post by Sally »

DavidPonting wrote:
Sally wrote:Hi all, is the bouldering still happening since the weather isn’t great? Also it will be my first meet so I need to bring anything other than shoes and chalk :)
Hi Sally,

it is indeed - forecast is for it to be dry, if cool, and even a brief glimmer of sun later...

Shoes and chalk would be a distinct advantage - that said, if you have a mat do bring it - and enough warm layers to stand around in.

There are also, as far as I'm aware, a few spaces for the curry - do shout if you want one of those!

Lastly but very importantly, please sign up on the website (here: https://www.leedsmc.org/benefits ) if you haven't already, so that you are covered by our insurance

Hi David,

That’s fantastic! I may be a little late due to working out in Huddersfield today. In which case where will I find you all?

I don’t have a mat but I’ll bring the other stuff for sure!

I have plans this evening but hopefully I will be able to join on the next one :)

I think I have already signed up on the website.

See you later :)
Graham J

Post by Graham J »

Sally wrote:
Hi David,

That’s fantastic! I may be a little late due to working out in Huddersfield today. In which case where will I find you all?

I don’t have a mat but I’ll bring the other stuff for sure!

I have plans this evening but hopefully I will be able to join on the next one :)

I think I have already signed up on the website.

See you later :)
Hi Sally,

People tend to start off around the Playground area before wandering off to find problems all over the place.

As I haven't really climbed outside in the last couple of years, my plan is spend most of the evening sat on a mat in front of the Playground swearing a lot, so I can probably point you in the direction of some folks with more psyche.
Sally

Post by Sally »

Hi Graham,

I am sure you have plenty of psyche and maybe the sweating will be motivational aha

Unfortunately, I am stuck at work so won’t make it this evening but hopefully next week I can and I may even join you in the mat sitting and swearing :D
Ed Steele

Post by Ed Steele »

It was great to get out on the rock last night, sorry i had to bail on the curry at the last moment due to vomiting child at home!