Blea Tarn (Langdale, Lake District)

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks
DavidPonting

Blea Tarn (Langdale, Lake District)

Post by DavidPonting »

Booking opens tomorrow (21st) for a hut that I once walked to by starlight! This hut is in an almost-unimaginably beautiful setting just above Blea Tarn, as well as being excellently located for the magnificent climbing and walking that is Langdale.

We are using our marvellous new hut booking system again, here are the details! 8 places are initially available in the hut, but we can apparently squeeze 12 in if needed.

1. Log in to your account at https://www.leedsmc.org/login (not the same password / username as the Bulletin Board!)
2. Click the Membership drop down and select "My Details".
3. On the My Meets card select "Sign Up". Navigate to the meet you wish to sign up for. It will either say "Opens On xx/xx/xx" or "Sign Up".
4. To sign up for an open meet click "Sign Up". This will take you to the sign up page for that meet. You can also navigate to this page from the Meets Calendar (https://www.leedsmc.org/calendar).
5. On the meet page click the "Sign Up!" button. You should then see your name added to the list of Sign ups (pending).
6. Pending attendees are confirmed at the end of each day. If there are more attendees than places then places are assigned randomly on a daily basis, otherwise you will be confirmed automatically the next day.
7. To remove your pending sign up you can click "cancel sign up". You can only cancel as a pending attendee, once you have been confirmed on a meet you can only cancel by contacting the meet leader.

**PLEASE NOTE** If you've not paid your subs, you won't be given the option to sign up. If there is any issue, please get in touch with me. Any prospective members must have completed an application form and paid subs.

You will need to pay as soon as you book on to secure your place - via bank transfer - details are in the private section - MAKE SURE you detail your name and what you're paying for on the reference! It's £12 a night so total of £24 please.

Please post your intentions to attend below for planning stuff/lift shares.

1. David Ponting (paid)
2. Stephen Everiss (paid)
3. Dan Ahearn (paid)
4. Tayah Hopes (paid)
5. Alice Horsey (paid)
6. Luke Jones (paid)
7. Harriet Wood
Alice

Re: Blea Tarn (Langdale, Lake District)

Post by Alice »

Signed up to this. Will BACS this eve. Thanks
DavidPonting

Post by DavidPonting »

Added those who signed up on the first day, will start marking as paid when Andy tells me who has…!

Thoughts for the communal meal theme?
StephenE

Post by StephenE »

Thanks for sorting the access David, I've paid.
Alice

Post by Alice »

I’ve paid now.
What about a big spaghetti bolognese? Can do a meat one and a veggie one?! I’ll probably bring some buns/biscuits too.
Luke has also paid
DavidPonting

Post by DavidPonting »

Ooh, that does sound good! So we’ll need:

Pasta
Parmesan
Meat bolognese
Veggie/vegan bolognese
Salad

Pudding

Volunteers to bring these?