Blea Tarn (Langdale, Lake District)

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks
DavidPonting
Active Site Member

Blea Tarn (Langdale, Lake District)

Post by DavidPonting »

Booking opens tomorrow (21st) for a hut that I once walked to by starlight! This hut is in an almost-unimaginably beautiful setting just above Blea Tarn, as well as being excellently located for the magnificent climbing and walking that is Langdale.

We are using our marvellous new hut booking system again, here are the details! 8 places are initially available in the hut, but we can apparently squeeze 12 in if needed.

1. Log in to your account at https://www.leedsmc.org/login (not the same password / username as the Bulletin Board!)
2. Click the Membership drop down and select "My Details".
3. On the My Meets card select "Sign Up". Navigate to the meet you wish to sign up for. It will either say "Opens On xx/xx/xx" or "Sign Up".
4. To sign up for an open meet click "Sign Up". This will take you to the sign up page for that meet. You can also navigate to this page from the Meets Calendar (https://www.leedsmc.org/calendar).
5. On the meet page click the "Sign Up!" button. You should then see your name added to the list of Sign ups (pending).
6. Pending attendees are confirmed at the end of each day. If there are more attendees than places then places are assigned randomly on a daily basis, otherwise you will be confirmed automatically the next day.
7. To remove your pending sign up you can click "cancel sign up". You can only cancel as a pending attendee, once you have been confirmed on a meet you can only cancel by contacting the meet leader.

**PLEASE NOTE** If you've not paid your subs, you won't be given the option to sign up. If there is any issue, please get in touch with me. Any prospective members must have completed an application form and paid subs.

You will need to pay as soon as you book on to secure your place - via bank transfer - details are in the private section - MAKE SURE you detail your name and what you're paying for on the reference! It's £12 a night so total of £24 please.

Please post your intentions to attend below for planning stuff/lift shares.

1. David Ponting (paid)
2. Stephen Everiss (paid)
3. Dan Ahearn (paid)
4. Tayah Hopes (paid)
5. Alice Horsey (paid)
6. Luke Jones (paid)
7. Harriet Wood (paid)
8. Georgina Flynn (paid)

Lift shares - we are restricted to 6 cars for parking reasons
1. Dan and Tayah (presumably)
2. Luke and Alice (presumably)
3. David and Harriet

Communal meal
Pasta - Stephen
Parmesan - Georgina
Meat bolognese - Stephen
Veggie/vegan bolognese - Tayah
Side Salad - Alice
Garlic Bread - Dan

Apple Crumble - David (will make it vegan)
Some other baked goods - Harriet (maybe GF)
Master of Ceremonies
Alice

Re: Blea Tarn (Langdale, Lake District)

Post by Alice »

Signed up to this. Will BACS this eve. Thanks
DavidPonting
Active Site Member

Post by DavidPonting »

Added those who signed up on the first day, will start marking as paid when Andy tells me who has…!

Thoughts for the communal meal theme?
Master of Ceremonies
StephenE

Post by StephenE »

Thanks for sorting the access David, I've paid.
Alice

Post by Alice »

I’ve paid now.
What about a big spaghetti bolognese? Can do a meat one and a veggie one?! I’ll probably bring some buns/biscuits too.
Luke has also paid
DavidPonting
Active Site Member

Post by DavidPonting »

Ooh, that does sound good! So we’ll need:

Pasta
Parmesan
Meat bolognese
Veggie/vegan bolognese
Salad

Pudding

Volunteers to bring these?
Master of Ceremonies
StephenE

Post by StephenE »

I'm happy to pre cook a meat Bolognese and bring spaghetti. If that works here's the recipe I'll follow if anyone wants anything omitting let me know: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/bes ... ese-recipe
TayRex

Post by TayRex »

Food sounds great! I'll make a vegan bol. Who is veggie? Just wondering how much to make.

Dan says he will bring garlic bread
DavidPonting
Active Site Member

Post by DavidPonting »

TayRex wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:54 am Food sounds great! I'll make a vegan bol. Who is veggie? Just wondering how much to make.

Dan says he will bring garlic bread
Brilliant! Not sure how many vegans/vegetarians there are; can you identify yourselves?
Master of Ceremonies
Alice

Post by Alice »

I’m happy to bring salady things. Luke and I are not veggie, please.
DavidPonting
Active Site Member

Post by DavidPonting »

Five days to go! What time are people planning to arrive, and as the weather forecast starts to clarify, what are people thinking to do? I’m up for any combination of climbing, scrambling and walking we can get!

Will post final access details when I get them
Master of Ceremonies
Georgina

Post by Georgina »

Hi Everyone ,
Excited to join the meet, first since 2019. Sorry late to this - I would love to join the food if not too late. I am vegetarian, happy to bring something/contribute some money. I will need to bring some gluten free pasta which Ive got here.
Georgina
DavidPonting
Active Site Member

Post by DavidPonting »

Think that makes 3 veggie/vegan and 5 carnivores, but by usual cooking volumes we’ll have enough for half a dozen of each!

Will try and make something gluten free for pudding but not sure I’ll achieve it (lack of gf flour and oats); if you could bring some crumble topping I can supply apples for a smaller gf crumble (alongside making a massive gluten-filled one)

I’ve just put the hut key code details in the private section; be aware that there is a lack of 240v power (heating/cooking/hot water are gas, lighting is 12v) - therefore please bring battery packs if you want your phone etc to be charged!
Master of Ceremonies
hewood

Post by hewood »

I'm not a veggie but will happily eat either. I'll also bring some baked goods (think I might even have some GF flour knocking around...). Are there any vegans in the ranks?

I'm free from early afternoon Friday
Georgina

Post by Georgina »

DavidPonting wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:19 pm Think that makes 3 veggie/vegan and 5 carnivores, but by usual cooking volumes we’ll have enough for half a dozen of each!

Will try and make something gluten free for pudding but not sure I’ll achieve it (lack of gf flour and oats); if you could bring some crumble topping I can supply apples for a smaller gf crumble (alongside making a massive gluten-filled one)

I’ve just put the hut key code details in the private section; be aware that there is a lack of 240v power (heating/cooking/hot water are gas, lighting is 12v) - therefore please bring battery packs if you want your phone etc to be charged!
Thank-you, thats great. No worries about making a pudding for me, I can do crumble, thank-you for the apples. I can bring anything else too. Do you need another pudding or more salad?

see you all Friday