K Shoes - Borrowdale 2nd-3rd December 2022

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks
Dave C
Active Site Member

Re: K Shoes - Borrowdale 2nd-3rd December 2022

Post by Dave C »

ClareA wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:14 am That was a fantastic weekend all round. Thanks so much to Andy for organising a top notch dinner and everyone who contributed/baked/chopped

Just wondering if anyone picked up a plastic bag containing tea towels from the worktop as I seem to have forgotten to bring them home again?
Mike, Cath and I were the last to leave.
Sorry, we left all the tea towels in the hut. There were four or five hanging up and a carrier bag of towels on the worktop.
Didn't realize that they weren't part of the hut's own supplies.
If you go on the K-Fellfarers website you might be able to get in touch with the hut warden and retrieve them.
Rin

Post by Rin »

I had a wonderful time enjoying the outdoors, feasting and merriment! Thank you everybody for your company and conversation and cuisine and especially to Andy May for all the organisation gone into the weekend!

The cheesecake recipe is generally available online with a search for Pear+and+Amaretto+cheesecake+gordon+ramsay+recipe eg. here: https://theonemilerecipies.wordpress.com/

I don't use 125g caster sugar in the whipped filling; 75g is plenty sweet already with the Amaretti and poached pear bits! This recipe is easy to adapt to using different flavouring or texturing ingredients in the whipped filling and topping eg. white chocolate and stem ginger in syrup pieces... I also caution against spreading melted chocolate over a teflon-coated baking sheet then scraping it off with a knife when just set; I have scraped off the baking sheet coating this way in past years...
ClareA

Post by ClareA »

Dave C wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:49 am Mike, Cath and I were the last to leave.
Sorry, we left all the tea towels in the hut. There were four or five hanging up and a carrier bag of towels on the worktop.
Didn't realize that they weren't part of the hut's own supplies.
If you go on the K-Fellfarers website you might be able to get in touch with the hut warden and retrieve them.
oh no worries, thanks for letting me know Dave. They were my old spare ones so I'll just consider them donated to K-Fellfarers for general use :)
andymay
Active Site Member

Post by andymay »

I left my roasting tin, which means I can't cook Christmas dinner for the in-laws!
Sarae
Active Site Member

Post by Sarae »

andymay wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:25 pm I left my roasting tin, which means I can't cook Christmas dinner for the in-laws!

Ah well Andy, grab little wins where you can!!

Thanks all for a groovy weekend
Sara