Patterdale and the George Starkey Hut - 27th to 28th Jan 2023

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks
JR
Active Site Member

Re: Patterdale and the George Starkey Hut - 27th to 28th Jan 2023

Post by JR »

Fantastic meet everyone: once again living up to our unofficial (?) tagline of "Never knowingly undercatered" :lol:

Worse weather than forecast yesterday, but the strong winds held off a little longer than forecast today so I think everyone got out and did what they'd planned to do :-)

Big thanks to the 'catering team'! ;-)

JR.

PS. I'm aware that there's some misplaced/missing items, but I'll let those that actually know the current score in that regard to post about that.
Sherpa Kenzing
Active Site Member

Post by Sherpa Kenzing »

I totally agree with James, a fantastic meet, and meeting all the new members (those who have joined in the last ten years) lol. Great to see old fiends who I have not seen since before lock down.
I hope to see you all soon.
SarahMcC

Post by SarahMcC »

Thanks Paul for leading such a great meet, and thanks to all the catering crew! My legs are absolutely broken today :)
hewood

Post by hewood »

The much anticipated chocolate pudding details... The below serves 6-8, and I doubled it to create that monster. This one will have a saucy layer on the bottom, but if you leave it in a car footwell for a day or so the sauce will get soaked into the sponge.

80 ml vegetable oil
250g caster sugar
130g plain flour
2tsp baking powder
55g cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 orange (zested)
125ml orange juice
1tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 180 fan. Combine 150g of the sugar, the flour, baking powder, salt, 30g of cocoa and orange zest in a bowl. In a jug, mix the juice, oil and vanilla extract, whisk into the dry ingredients until smooth and then pour into an ovenproof dish. Mix the remaining 25g of cocoa and 100g of sugar and sprinkle over the top, then pour over 300ml of just boiled water. Bake for 30-40 mins.
DavidPonting
Active Site Member

Post by DavidPonting »

I've stuck a link in the private section if anyone wants to share pictures
Master of Ceremonies