Sunday 7th May Brimham Rocks Walking and Climbing with UIAA and EUMA

Topics related to weekend meets, including day walks
Martin Xmas

Sunday 7th May Brimham Rocks Walking and Climbing with UIAA and EUMA

Post by Martin Xmas »

Hi,

Thanks to those who have already expressed an interest and have joined the WhatsApp group:) Please stick your name down!

Leeds is the host city for this years UIAA EUMA (Leading European mountaineering associations) AGM hosted by the BMC. On their day off from the politics of mountaineering the delegates are heading to Brimham for a day of walking or climbing. They will need some support to do this and this is why this event has been on our LMC calendar so we can mingle with our European friends and show off the delights of Brimham, in the fabulous Nidderdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.

So please come along for a walk or climb, make some new international friends and share the love of the outdoors.
Currently there are 25 UIAA EUMA members signed up for the walk and 18 interested in climbing or bouldering.

If you car share and walk or climb with our European guests we will be able to cover your expenses i.e. Parking at national trust car park etc. BMC volunteers T-shirts are available on a first come first serve basis - If you dont get one before the event I will make sure you get one after.

We will meet in the National Trust car park at Brimham rocks at 10:15am and guests will catch their coach home at around 15:45

Walking:
1 Paul S

Climbing:
1 David P
2 Graham M
3 Ashley B
4 Harriet W
5 Luke S
6 David S
7 John 'O H'gate
Last edited by Martin Xmas on Wed May 03, 2023 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
davidsermon

Re: Sunday 7th May Brimham Rocks Walking and Climbing with UIAA and EUMA

Post by davidsermon »

I can come to this! Definitely interested in some climbing.
lowrijones

Post by lowrijones »

(Not sure if I can make this yet but..) Is there a particular walk/est. walk distance planned?
Martin Xmas

Post by Martin Xmas »

lowrijones wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 4:39 pm (Not sure if I can make this yet but..) Is there a particular walk/est. walk distance planned?
Lowri,

An easy 3 hour wildlife ramble at a gentle pace starting and finishing at Brimham Rocks. (we guarantee you will spot a Llama or two)
Martin Xmas

Post by Martin Xmas »

davidsermon wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:53 pm I can come to this! Definitely interested in some climbing.
You're on the list
JWA

Post by JWA »

Hi. I’m up for this.
I have a couple of spare harnesses and a spare helmet if they fit and are suitable.
Fingers crossed for a bit of dry weather :D
John